Lead Software Engineer, Mobile
Nowsta is looking for a Lead Software Engineer, Mobile, to join our team and help us improve our existing React Native software application. You might be the right fit if you have at least 10 years of experience in software engineering, with at least 5 years of experience in React Native. The Lead Software Engineer, Mobile, has experience with native application development for either iOS or Android, and be familiar with state management and creating applications that can work offline and online. The Lead Software Engineer, Mobile, will work remotely, reporting into the Engineering Manager.
What you get to do:
- Lead the development of our React Native software application
- Take ownership of decisions made in their team by helping their teammates make clear decisions according to organizational goals
- Work with other engineers to ensure the application meets the needs of our users
- Empower your team to achieve our goals and personal growth goals
- Scrum ceremonies, including daily stand-ups, sprint planning, and sprint retrospectives
- Help create the team roadmap and ensuing feedback
- Simplify product and technical design through proactive conversations
- Troubleshoot and debug problems with the application
- Stay up-to-date on the latest React Native development tools and best practices
- Mentor junior engineers
Who you are:
- You have experience working collaboratively across teams
- You excel in an environment that fosters creativity
- You enjoy finding the alternative solution
- You embrace ambiguity as an opportunity for growth
- At least 10 years of experience in software engineering
- At least 5 years of experience in React Native
- Experience leading scrum ceremonies, including daily stand-ups, sprint planning, and sprint retrospectives
- Experience with native application development for both iOS and Android
- Familiarity with state management and offline/online application development
- Experience debugging complex engineering software applications
- Experience mentoring junior engineers
- Experience with cloud computing platforms, such as AWS or Azure
- Experience with DevOps methodologies is helpful
If you meet more than 50% of the listed qualifications, please apply!
- 100% Employer Paid Health Care including Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance for each Employee
- Mental Health support through TalkSpace
- Work From Home Flexibility
- 401K (no employer match)
- Paid Family Leave
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
Nowsta helps employers become better managers by giving them the tools they need to automate, simplify, and humanize the labor management process. Employees turn to Nowsta to better navigate their work life, with shift finders and reminders, and financial wellness benefit programs and their employers rely on Nowsta to improve operations, reduce turnover, and increase workplace satisfaction.
Workers on Nowsta have access to a suite of services that help them more effectively manage their job schedules and personal finances. Nowstapay is a financial wellness benefit program that allows employees to cash out earnings instantly for the work they've already completed.
Nowsta powers some of the largest workforces in sectors such as events, hospitality, staffing, and many more. Employers turn to Nowsta when they want to improve operations, reduce turnover, and increase workplace satisfaction.
At Nowsta, we promote a diverse and inclusive workplace where differences are welcomed and respected, where different perspectives are expressed and heard. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you're excited about this role but your experience doesn't align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway! Data show that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every qualification. Our culture enables individuals to share their uniqueness and contribute as part of a team. Nowsta is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Something looks off?