Corporate Financial Controller - Hybrid
We are adding a Financial Controller to improve our organization's financial performance and direct our accounting operations. Responsibilities for the financial controller include managing accounting records, evaluating and managing risk, ensuring compliance with regulations, publishing financial statements, overseeing accounting operations, analyzing financial data, monitoring expenditure, forecasting revenue, coordinating auditing processes, and ensuring accuracy of financial information. You will report to the Chief Operating Officer. This is a hybrid role with the expectation of working out of our NYC or LA office 2-3x/ week.
What you get to do:
- Oversee the monthly close process and achieve our target for days to close
- Ensure compliance of corporate accounting procedures in full compliance with US GAAP
- Conduct revenue review and analysis
- Manage Treasury and Cash Flow including cash flow projections on a rolling basis
- Manage accounting operations, monthly/quarterly accounting close and preparation of financial statements
- Improve accounting processes through automation to deliver a faster monthly/quarterly close cycle
- Work with the team to assess and report status of existing accounting and reporting standards, procedures and internal controls to identify areas of improvements
- Partner with other finance team members and non-accounting departments to produce improved controls and process enhancements
- Manage an off-shore accounting team based in South Africa
Abilities that will help you succeed:
- Excellent people and project management skills
- Expert in Excel (can build and maintain complex spreadsheets)
- Critically analyze existing processes and identify opportunities for process improvement
- Proven ability to scale Accounting function and ARR in a hyper-growth start-up
- Migrate Accounting systems from Quickbooks to Netsuite
- 5+ years of accounting experience with a startup at Series B, C or D
- Experience developing and leading an inspired accounting and control organization
- Proven success managing an off-shore Accounting team
- Successful completion of 1st time external audit with clean opinion
- 1+ years public accounting experience
- 2 years of experience in a high-growth business scaling from USD $20MM to $50MM+
- CPA certification
- 100% Employer Paid Health Care including Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance for each Employee
- Mental Health support through TalkSpace
- Work From Home Flexibility
- 401K (no employer match)
- Paid Family Leave
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
Nowsta helps employers become better managers by giving them the tools they need to automate, simplify, and humanize the labor management process. Employees turn to Nowsta to better navigate their work life, with shift finders and reminders, and financial wellness benefit programs and their employers rely on Nowsta to improve operations, reduce turnover, and increase workplace satisfaction. Our mission is to organize and empower the world's hourly workforce through an all-in-one software that helps employers better manage their teams, resulting in streamlined operations, reduced turnover, and increased workplace satisfaction.
Employees on Nowsta can also access a suite of services to help them more effectively manage their job schedules and personal finances. Nowstapay is a financial wellness benefit program that allows employees to cash out earnings instantly for the work they've already completed.
Nowsta powers some of the largest workforces in sectors such as events, hospitality, staffing, and many more. Employers turn to Nowsta when they want to improve operations, reduce turnover, and increase workplace satisfaction.
At Nowsta, we promote a diverse and inclusive workplace where differences are welcomed and respected, where different perspectives are expressed and heard. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you're excited about this role but your experience doesn't align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway! Data show that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every qualification. Our culture enables individuals to share their uniqueness and contribute as part of a team. Nowsta is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Something looks off?