Director, Software Engineering
Minneapolis, MN, USA
Posted on Thursday, December 28, 2023
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports To: Senior Director, Software Engineering
Total Expert is looking for an experienced engineering leader to join its Product and Engineering organization to expand and support the Total Expert platform and the teams that build it. As a Director of Engineering, you will lead cross-functional agile software teams to continuously deliver value to our customers while collaborating closely with Product and other stakeholders to create alignment and set technical direction. We are looking for a leader who excels at coaching and leading technologists, has experience continuously improving teams through retrospectives and a value-driven focus, and has a genuine passion for leading technologists using cutting-edge technologies and practices.
What you’ll be doing:
- Collaborate with Product and other Engineering leaders to set priorities, manage work in progress, and provide technical direction.
- Coach team members on problem analysis, estimating, software design, development, and testing within an Agile software methodology.
- Drive and develop the team’s Agile development processes focusing on quality and lean principles.
- Champion and support department-level objectives and process improvements across our Engineering teams to increase velocity and produce effective quality software that our customers love.
- On-going management and professional development of team members, including goal setting, mentoring on software development practices, software engineering technical skill building, and expanding domain knowledge into related technologies or new areas of the Total Expert platform.
What we are looking for:
- Passion for building great products, innovating, and solving complex customer problems.
- An equal passion for enabling great teams through listening, empathizing, serving, and inspiring.
- Solid track record of building relationships and collaborating at all levels of the organization.
- Someone who thrives in startup culture: has a growth mindset, is resilient, adaptable, and curious.
- 10+ years of experience working within a team-based SaaS software development environment.
- 5+ years of experience managing a software team and providing technical direction to team members.
- Experience leading groups of software and quality engineering team members using Agile or Lean development practices such as Scrum or Kanban.
- Demonstrated experience identifying, implementing, and measuring team processes to improve quality, flow, and developer experience.
- Experience working closely with, or managing, quality-focused team members on projects and support requests.
- Experience building and maintaining enterprise web applications in a CI/CD environment.
- Experience creating or driving best practices around leveraging automated unit testing to improve quality and increase velocity.
Company Mission & Vision:
Total Expert’s mission is to empower modern financial institutions to create trusted lifelong customer relationships. Our vision is to orchestrate the perfect customer journey across modern financial services by creating the leading purpose-built platform.
We believe that living a balanced life leads to more creativity and productivity. Total Expert offers the following benefits to support employees in their pursuit of Total Wellness.
• Medical, Dental & Vision Coverage
• Prescription Drug Coverage
• Health Advocate Program
• Flexible Time Off Program
• 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan & Matching Program
• Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Accounts & Disability Protection
• Life & Voluntary Life Coverage
• Paid Parental Leave
• Pet Insurance
• Employee Referral Bonus
Total Expert is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We believe that strength comes from diversity and we strive for a culture where every person’s voice, unique lived experience, and talents are embraced and celebrated. We are committed to attracting and hiring for diversity of all kinds, creating better opportunities for inclusion and belonging throughout our employee lifecycle, and establishing and/or refining our internal practices and procedures to ensure equity.
Total Expert is a pre-IPO, series C, $50M (annual recurring revenue) fintech company. We are growing fast (between 30-40% annually), and as a CRM and marketing automation platform purpose-built for lenders and banks, we enjoy a tremendous product market fit for the world-class financial institutions we serve.
The Total Expert platform unifies data, marketing, sales, and compliance solutions to provide a cohesive experience across the customer lifecycle. We are determined to reimagine the way people and technology work together so that our customers build more meaningful, human connections with their customers.
With 1/3 of our annual budget committed to R&D, Total Expert is executing on a platform modernization journey, which has allowed us to focus on: team autonomy, continuous integration and deployment, and building the architectural foundation for the future. The results so far? 1) We moved from monthly deployment to multiple times per day, 2) our teams are empowered to make decisions and lead the architecture of their domain, and 3) we’ve built an event-sourced backbone as the foundation to build enterprise services with velocity.
Amidst business and integration growth, Total Expert continues to receive several awards and industry recognition. G2, the world’s leading business solutions review website, has identified Total Expert as a leader across four categories in the Summer 2022 reports. These rankings were achieved based on market presence and customer satisfaction of real users, which were then compared to similar products in each report category.
Along with this achievement, Total Expert recently has been recognized with the following awards and honors:
-Named to the 2022 Inc. 5000 Series: Midwest list for the third consecutive year
-Named a finalist in the "Best Consumer Digital Banking Solution Provider" category of the Banking Tech Awards USA
-Listed as an honoree for one of the most innovative technology companies in the housing economy on HousingWire’s 2022 Tech100 list for the fifth consecutive year
-Listed as number seven on the list of the 2022 Best Tech Startups in Minnesota
Come Join Us:
We’re changing how financial institutions engage with consumers, and it starts with the people behind our platform. We’re seeking passionate individuals to grow with us as we continue to empower leading financial brands to form deeper customer relationships.