Spec is a venture-backed startup with a people-focused culture and a mission to fight crime on the internet. Our unique platform solves enterprise-scale problems related to finding bad actors and protecting good users on the web. We are small but growing fast and are searching for a Product Manager (PM) to own management and execution of our product strategy. You will manage the entire product lifecycle, from initial concept to launch and ongoing product growth. Practically every decision at Spec flows through product, so you’ll work closely with an extremely broad set of cross-functional teams including engineering, product design, customer success, marketing, and our founders - former PMs themselves. You’ll ensure that the product meets the needs of the market and the company's goals.
Our values inform everything that we do. A company consists of people, not employees, and this idea is core to the heart of our team. We operate with empathy, transparency, and honesty in all internal and external interactions. We maintain a constant focus on learning and growth, both at an individual and organizational level. We actively seek out diverse perspectives to drive new ideas and empower innovation. Read more about our values on our company website.
What You'll Do
- Manage the entire product lifecycle, from initial concept to launch and ongoing product growth
- Synthesize product needs sourced from customers, field teams, technical teams, and strategy teams into prioritized and dependency-aware product roadmaps
- Align and elevate feature requests and bug-fixes into roadmap-aware platform features
- Write and maintain exceptional product requirements, product reference documents, and product strategy documents.
- Collaborate with a broad set of cross-functional teams to ensure successful product launches and ongoing product success
- Anticipate how evolving product needs will drive the creation of technical debt and collaborate with engineering teams to mitigate this
- Measure and report on the success of product initiatives
What We're Looking For
- Product management experience with a platform product - a product that enables users to create value you didn’t anticipate
- Strong technical acumen and technical empathy
- Exceptional writing, communication, and presentation skills
- Experience working in a venture-backed startup environment
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to use data to inform decisions
- Company-paid health care for you and your dependents (medical, dental, and vision)
- Unlimited PTO
- Home office reimbursement
- Learning reimbursement
- 20% time policy to pursue innovation
- Quarterly Innovation Weeks
- Referral bonus program
- Frequent opportunities for growth in many directions
- Happy hours, game days, holiday parties, off-site events
- Headquarters in lively downtown San Jose, a 10-minute walk from CalTrain
Commitment To Diversity
We are Spec: whole, diverse, and authentic people. Some of us have had the same identity since birth, while the rest of us have come into ourselves through a series of life events. We recognize that companies are made out of people and strive to build a company that celebrates the diversity of cultures, backgrounds, experiences, and viewpoints. This idea is so important that it became a core value around which we built the company. We are dedicated to sustaining an environment that's inclusive of people like you, exactly as you are.