Data Engineering Manager
RentSpree is the leading home rental software in the US and helps hundreds of thousands of renters connect with landlords each year. Our company has more than doubled in growth annually for the past 6 years and we have no plans of stopping. We have a mission-driven culture determined to transform the residential rental industry. RentSpree’s award-winning software powers rental transactions for a who’s-who list of 300+ real estate companies, including some of the largest organizations in the nation.
RentSpree is a place where you will grow alongside the company while collaborating within your team to have a meaningful impact on RentSpree’s future.
We've got an opportunity for a Data Engineering Manager who's ready to take the lead! Join RentSpree and lead your own squad of top-tier data engineers and a data governance officer. As the chief orchestrator of this elite team, you'll be responsible for planning, directing, coordinating, supporting, and monitoring a host of cutting-edge projects. From analysis to design, development to implementation, you'll be at the forefront of RentSpree's ambitious initiatives. Join us, and be the change-maker that your career deserves!
We pride ourselves on creating a work culture that fosters continuous learning and innovation. Our team is constantly pushing the boundaries and exploring new frontiers, so we highly encourage individuals to stay abreast of the latest tools and techniques. If you have a track record of effectively managing teams, we invite you to apply for this position to take your career to new heights.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Manage and lead a team of data engineers and data governance officer.
- Motivate and mentor team members to achieve industry-standard work.
- Develop career development plans and continuously evaluate team performance to meet company standards.
- Prioritize between daily operations and long-term projects
- Help set team goals and direction
- Foster a positive work culture that aligns with company values
- Drive team growth and scaling to meet rapid expansion needs
- Assist team in executing project plans and meeting commitments
- Resolve people-related issues in a timely manner
- Collaborate with other teams to deliver work that meets industry standards
- Ensure the technology stack meets product needs and can scale with changes and usage
- Create plans to prioritize technical and resourcing challenges based on understanding of technical architectures, tooling needs, automation plans, and product launch plans
- Hold strategic technical discussions and have influence at RentSpree.
Requirements & Qualifications
- 5+ years of experience working in data engineering, or a related domain
- 2+ years of engineering people management and leading an agile team experience
- Hands-on experience with SQL and Python
- Experience with solution building and data architecting with public cloud offerings such as GCP BigQuery, GCS, Dataform
- Experience driving the vision, defining and executing a plan for BI and Data Warehousing across a product vertical
- Experience developing data quality such as correctness, completeness, and accuracy, across the product vertical
- Experience with the design, building, and launching of new data models and data pipelines in production
Benefits & Perks
- Semi-Annual Performance Rewards
- Unlimited Annual Leave
- Provident Fund
- Group Health insurances
- Flexible Benefits
- Workstation Benefits
- Lunch & Learn Allowance
- Internet Allowance
- Team Training & Event Budget
- Weekly Office Massage Service
More about us:
- Career page
- RentSpree Scores $70M in Initial Funding!
- Who Are We?
- What we do in a day