Project Manager, Professional Services
The Professional Services Project Manager will be responsible for building and supporting our customer projects within the Implementation Engineering group, in the Customer Success Organization. In this role you will craft and evangelize repeatable processes for delivering world class customer experiences. You will use your background in program Management, and cross-functional relationship-building to align Harness resources around the projects you are driving; Including Implementation Engineers, Product Engineers, Technical Program Managers, Technical Architects, Partner and the Sales Organization.
As a Project Manager, the individual is tasked with supervising and coordinating customer projects along with managing a portfolio of projects. The main responsibility is to ensure the effective completion of client projects on or ahead of time, encompassing long-term strategic planning. Additionally, the project Manager oversees the overall project and provides strategic guidance to the team and clients.
About the role
- Lead the delivery of multi-workstream professional services engagements with Harness’ largest strategic customers. Establish robust relationships with key customer stakeholders, including executive leaders, counterpart project/project managers, engineering, development, and security teams.
- Develop a delivery methodology that combines agile and project management best practices. Clearly communicate this methodology to key customer stakeholders and lead its execution by coordinating efforts between Harness customers and Harness internal teams.
- Create and consistently communicate a project roadmap, highlighting dependencies and deliverables. Manage stakeholder expectations and secure approval for project milestones.
- Define the project strategy, covering project justification, benefits, in-scope/out-of-scope projects, timeline, schedule, and resource allocation (including the number of implementation engineers or partner engineers).
- Identify stakeholders, set project success criteria, and establish a work breakdown structure for all projects. Develop communication plans between projects and stakeholders, and define a project escalation path.
- Collaborate closely with Account Executives/CSMs to define workstreams when scoping larger customer projects. This may involve reviewing proposals or Statements of Work.
- Demonstrated expertise in project management, with the capacity to spearhead the creation, documentation, and implementation of complex DevOps software implementation projects
- Proficient in crafting extensive programs, involving the formulation of objectives and essential metrics to evaluate and monitor project progress
- Proficiency with forecasting and reporting project metrics
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or engineering, or a related field
- Demonstrable understanding of DevOps specific services and technologies
- Ability to structure and lead Project Management Level meetings, including but not limited to the Weekly PM meeting
- Ability to formulate, organize, monitor, and manage inter-connected projects
- Ability to manage budgets and timelines for long-term projects
- Develop long-term plans in collaboration with customers
- You will be required to be Harness certified in the CI/CD/Platform
Mountain View, CA
What you will have at Harness
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive healthcare benefits
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid Time Off and Parental Leave
- Monthly, quarterly, and annual social and team building events
- Monthly internet reimbursement
Harness in the news:
- Harness Snags $230 Series D - $3.7B Valuation
- Harness Recognized in Inc.'s Best Workplace Awards 2022
- Harness on LinkedIn: America's Great Companies to Work For -- And What You Can Learn From
- #6 - Glassdoor Best Places to Work 2021 list
- #17 on Forbes Top 50 Cloud Companies to Work For
- #47 on LinkedIn’ Top 50 Companies to Work For
- #2 on Quartz 2021 list best places to work for remote workers
- 2021 Career Launching Companies List
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.