Staff Software Engineer - Golang
Mountain View, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, January 17, 2024
Harness is a high-growth company that is disrupting the software delivery market. Our mission is to enable the 30 million software developers in the world to deliver code to their users reliably, efficiently, securely and quickly, increasing customers’ pace of innovation while improving the developer experience. We offer solutions for every step of the software delivery lifecycle to build, test, secure, deploy and manage reliability, feature flags and cloud costs. The Harness Software Delivery Platform includes modules for CI, CD, Cloud Cost Management, Feature Flags, Service Reliability Management, Security Testing Orchestration, Chaos Engineering, Software Engineering Insights and continues to expand at an incredibly fast pace.
Harness is led by technologist and entrepreneur Jyoti Bansal, who founded AppDynamics and sold it to Cisco for $3.7B. We’re backed with $425M in venture financing from top-tier VC and strategic firms, including J.P. Morgan, Capital One Ventures, Citi Ventures, ServiceNow, Splunk Ventures, Norwest Venture Partners, Adage Capital Partners, Balyasny Asset Management, Gaingels, Harmonic Growth Partners, Menlo Ventures, IVP, Unusual Ventures, GV (formerly Google Ventures), Alkeon Capital, Battery Ventures, Sorenson Capital, Thomvest Ventures and Silicon Valley Bank.
This is an amazing opportunity to be an engineer in a high-growth, high-potential startup and to work on redefining the Software Delivery space powered by AI/ ML. You will work with one of our product module teams to bring Harness products to developers around the wold. In this role, you will be responsible for architecting, designing, developing and delivering high quality software that has a direct impact on the company's product experience.
About the role
- Extensive experience developing highly scalable, distributed applications, products and services in Golang or similar languages
- A desire to build products that solve complex technical problems for end users
- Deep understanding of how distributed resilient software is built and deployed
- Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms and software design with strong analytical and debugging skills
- Comfort in working in short, agile, iterative development cycles
- Strong desire to work in an unstructured, fast moving startup environment
- Formal Computer Science education or equivalent experience
- Design, develop, and maintain critical software in a fast-paced quality conscious environment
- Author software functional specifications and design documents
- Quickly understand complex systems/code and own key pieces of the system, including the delivered quality
- Design and implementation of scalable algorithms
- Diagnose and troubleshoot complex problems in a distributed computing environment
- Perform peer reviews of specifications, designs, and code
- Work alongside Site Reliability Engineers and cross functional teams to diagnose/troubleshoot any production performance related issues
- Environment is Java / Golang and related technologies.
Mountain View, CA - Hybrid / on-site role
What you will have at Harness
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive healthcare benefits
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid Time Off and Parental Leave
- Monthly, quarterly, and annual social and team building events
- Monthly internet reimbursement
Harness in the news:
- Harness Snags $230 Series D - $3.7B Valuation
- Harness Recognized in Inc.'s Best Workplace Awards 2022
- Harness on LinkedIn: America's Great Companies to Work For -- And What You Can Learn From
- #6 - Glassdoor Best Places to Work 2021 list
- #17 on Forbes Top 50 Cloud Companies to Work For
- #47 on LinkedIn’ Top 50 Companies to Work For
- #2 on Quartz 2021 list best places to work for remote workers
- 2021 Career Launching Companies List
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.