Partner Account Manager - North East
Sales & Business Development
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Thursday, December 21, 2023
Harness is a high-growth company that is disrupting the software delivery market. Our mission is to enable the 30 million software developers in the world to deliver code to their users reliably, efficiently, securely and quickly, increasing customers’ pace of innovation while improving the developer experience. We offer solutions for every step of the software delivery lifecycle to build, test, secure, deploy and manage reliability, feature flags and cloud costs. The Harness Software Delivery Platform includes modules for CI, CD, Cloud Cost Management, Feature Flags, Service Reliability Management, Security Testing Orchestration, Chaos Engineering, Software Engineering Insights and continues to expand at an incredibly fast pace.
Harness is led by technologist and entrepreneur Jyoti Bansal, who founded AppDynamics and sold it to Cisco for $3.7B. We’re backed with $425M in venture financing from top-tier VC and strategic firms, including J.P. Morgan, Capital One Ventures, Citi Ventures, ServiceNow, Splunk Ventures, Norwest Venture Partners, Adage Capital Partners, Balyasny Asset Management, Gaingels, Harmonic Growth Partners, Menlo Ventures, IVP, Unusual Ventures, GV (formerly Google Ventures), Alkeon Capital, Battery Ventures, Sorenson Capital, Thomvest Ventures and Silicon Valley Bank.
The Partner Account Manager is responsible for recruiting, developing and managing strategic Channel and SI partnerships to accelerate growth of Harness. This role will be responsible for running a plan, building out the territory, developing the partners within the region, building and driving field collaboration, working complex enterprise sales cycles, while focused on the Harness software and services offerings. The ideal candidate will have experience generating net new enterprise business through channel and SI partners and growing the partner ecosystem.
About The Role
- Generate partner sourced pipeline and revenue by developing go-to-market strategies with Channel and SI partners.
- Develop joint business plans with strategic Channel & SI partners to deliver against defined targets.
- Establish thought leadership with focus partners to influence their GTM sales and services strategy to be in alignment with the Harness Platform.
- Work closely with regional partners and sales teams to identify mutual prospects, resulting in new business meetings and partner sourced pipeline.
- Establish enablement plans to help focus partners develop technical pre-sales and post-sales capabilities which drive customer success.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive regional partner plan.
- Work across internal and external business functions to increase alignment and scale
- Recruit, onboard and enable new partners into the Harness ecosystem.
- Work closely with Harness field sales leaders and teams to drive partner collaboration.
- Participate in and support business reviews with Sales Teams.
- Help to build and promote partner communities across the US.
- Passionate about developing and working with the partner ecosystem.
- Established Channel relationships across the North East.
- Proven track record of quota achievement with reseller and SI partnerships.
- At least 5 - 7 years of partnership development experience.
- Demonstrate the ability to successfully establish partner strategies which generate partner-led customer engagements.
- Established relationships with Channel and SI partners
- Exceptional organizational skills and demonstrated ability of outlining and establishing partner strategies.
- Prior experience in MEDDIC based sales methodology. Prior experience working in a start-up environment is preferred.
- History of accurate forecasting and business reporting.
- Experience working with Salesforce and other sales oriented tracking tools.
- Demonstrate leadership that promotes and embodies the Harness Values.
What You Will Have at Harness
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive healthcare benefits
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid Time Off and Parental Leave
- Monthly, quarterly, and annual social and team-building events
- Recharge & Reset Program
- Monthly internet reimbursement
- Commuter benefits
Harness in the news:
- Harness Snags $230 Series D - $3.7B Valuation
- Harness Recognized in Inc.'s Best Workplace Awards 2022
- Harness on LinkedIn: America's Great Companies to Work For -- And What You Can Learn From
- #6 - Glassdoor Best Places to Work 2021 list
- #17 on Forbes Top 50 Cloud Companies to Work For
- #47 on LinkedIn’ Top 50 Companies to Work For
- #2 on Quartz 2021 list best places to work for remote workers
- 2021 Career Launching Companies List
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.