Senior Database Engineer (Postgres)
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Posted on Tuesday, August 15, 2023
Harness is a high-growth company that is disrupting the software delivery market. Our mission is to enable the 30 million software developers in the world to deliver code to their users reliably, efficiently, securely and quickly, increasing customers’ pace of innovation while improving the developer experience. We offer solutions for every step of the software delivery lifecycle to build, test, secure, deploy and manage reliability, feature flags and cloud costs. The Harness Software Delivery Platform includes modules for CI, CD, Cloud Cost Management, Feature Flags, Service Reliability Management, Security Testing Orchestration, Chaos Engineering, and continues to expand at an incredibly fast pace.
Harness is led by technologist and entrepreneur Jyoti Bansal, who founded AppDynamics and sold it to Cisco for $3.7B. We’re backed with $425M in venture financing from top-tier VC and strategic firms, including J.P. Morgan, Capital One Ventures, Citi Ventures, ServiceNow, Splunk Ventures, Norwest Venture Partners, Adage Capital Partners, Balyasny Asset Management, Gaingels, Harmonic Growth Partners, Menlo Ventures, IVP, Unusual Ventures, GV (formerly Google Ventures), Alkeon Capital, Battery Ventures, Sorenson Capital, Thomvest Ventures and Silicon Valley Bank.
Harness is looking to bring in Database Reliability Engineer (DBRE) with strong experience in Postgres/MySQL. The DBRE would work alongside SRE teams and be responsible for administering, scaling, and maintaining Postgres/Timescale and MySQL Database systems running in GCP and On-Prem.
About the role
- This is not just a DBA role. We are looking for someone with prior infra experience setting up HA and DR for these Database systems and meeting defined SLAs.
- Work closely with the Engineering team in understanding the application architecture and how it maps to the database schemas, identify the bottlenecks, and plan for scalability.
- The role has an on-call rotation aspect, and the DBRE is expected to be on-call during the Production incident(s) and other Engineering troubleshooting.
- Continually review database changes with Engineering, and work on performance tuning, query, and index optimizations.
- Should be well versed in one scripting language (Shell, Python) and automate the processes involved in database upgrades, patching, and monitoring.
- Bachelor's degree in CSE or related technical discipline.
- 7-10 years of experience managing Postgres and MySQL Databases On-Prem and on the cloud (GCP/AWS).
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Thorough and clear documentation is expected in this role. All database changes should be documented thoroughly, including the upgrades, maintenance, and other procedures.
What will you have at Harness
- Experience building a transformative product
- End-to-end ownership of your projects
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive healthcare benefit
- Paid Time Off and Parental Leave
- Monthly, quarterly, and annual social and team-building events
- TGIF-Off program
- Recharge & Reset Program
- Monthly internet reimbursement
Harness in the News
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.