Senior Manager, Platform Engineering
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Posted on Friday, February 17, 2023
Harness is a high-growth startup that is disrupting the software delivery market. Our mission is to enable the 30 million software developers in the world to deliver code to their users reliably, efficiently, securely, and quickly, increasing customers’ pace of innovation while improving the developer experience. We offer solutions for every step of the software delivery lifecycle to build, test, secure, deploy, and manage reliability, feature flags, and cloud costs. The Harness Software Delivery Platform includes modules for CI, CD, Cloud Cost Management, Feature Flags, Service Reliability Management, Security Testing Orchestration, and Chaos Engineering, and continues to expand at an incredibly fast pace.
Harness is led by technologist and entrepreneur Jyoti Bansal, who founded AppDynamics and sold it to Cisco for $3.7B. We’re backed with $425M in venture financing from top-tier VC and strategic firms, including J.P. Morgan, Capital One Ventures, Citi Ventures, ServiceNow, Splunk Ventures, Norwest Venture Partners, Adage Capital Partners, Balyasny Asset Management, Gaingels, Harmonic Growth Partners, Menlo Ventures, IVP, Unusual Ventures, GV (formerly Google Ventures), Alkeon Capital, Battery Ventures, Sorenson Capital, Thomvest Ventures and Silicon Valley Bank.
This is an amazing opportunity to be involved in a high-growth, high-potential startup. In this role, we are looking for an experienced, hands-on engineering leader who has deep knowledge in web technologies and large scale distributed systems
We're seeking A players to work with A players. We're a high-growth company on a once-in-a-lifetime journey to revolutionize deployment tools & continuous delivery. Be a part of it.
- Lead a team of Software Engineers focused on building Harness platform components like Identity and Access Management, Audit, Secret management and cloud infrastructure services like api gateway, service mesh etc.
- Provide technical expertise throughout the product life cycle including design, implementation, and delivery of features
- Create the next generation developer tooling for Harness, focusing on productivity, quality, and release
- Set and communicate team priorities that support the broader organization's goals. Align strategy, processes, and decision-making across teams
- Develop the long-term technical vision and roadmap within, and often beyond, the scope of your teams. Evolve the roadmap to meet anticipated future requirements and infrastructure needs
- Review code developed by other engineers and provide feedback to ensure best practices (e.g., style guidelines, checking code in, accuracy, testability, and efficiency
- Collaborate with leadership and key stakeholders on a regular basis
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science of equivalent in a related field
- 5 years of experience in a technical leadership role; overseeing strategic projects, with 5 years of experience in a people management, supervision/team leadership role
- Experience building large scale distributed systems, and operating at scale
- Hands-on experience with one or more public clouds, and strong fundamentals of cloud computing.
- Experience with one or more Cloud Native projects is a strong plus, like Kubernetes, Envoy, Istio etc.
WHAT YOU WILL HAVE AT HARNESS
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive healthcare benefits
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid Time Off and Parental Leave
- Monthly, quarterly, and annual social and team building events
- TGIF-Off program
- Remote office stipend
- Monthly internet reimbursement
- Monthly Food & Beverage Reimbursement Program
HARNESS IN THE NEWS
- Harness Snags $230 Series D - $3.7B Valuation
- Harness Recognized in Inc.'s Best Workplace Awards 2022
- Harness on LinkedIn: America's Great Companies to Work For -- And What You Can Learn From
- #6 - Glassdoor Best Places to Work 2021 list
- #17 on Forbes Top 50 Cloud Companies to Work For
- #47 on LinkedIn’ Top 50 Companies to Work For
- #2 on Quartz 2021 list best places to work for remote workers
- 2021 Career Launching Companies List
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
See more open positions at Harness
Something looks off?