Sr. Analyst, Investment Management
Join Us to Build Something Real!
We're serious about Building. We're a team that cares - about investors, about sponsors, and about each other. Building something great is never easy. We encounter obstacles. We face challenges. Things can sometimes feel chaotic. And because we build together, intentionally engaging our shared core values to build an inspiring culture, we enjoy our work - even when it's hard.
Our scale-up environment is ideal for people who are eager to dig in, navigating complexity and ambiguity in a productive, and positively impactful way. If this is you, we'd love to support your candidacy.
CrowdStreet is seeking a Senior Analyst with the primary responsibility of supporting the management of private commercial real estate fund portfolios within our Investment Management (IM) division. Our firm provides investment management and advisory services to our proprietary private and registered funds under our registered investment advisor affiliate, CrowdStreet Advisors (CSA). You will have the opportunity to play a major role in the development of a unique and innovative alternative investment platform. This position reports to the Vice President, Investment Products & Performance.
The Success You'll Build
- Contribute to fund valuations by performing market data research, creating qualitative reports and quantitative financial models, and applying valuations to assets in accordance with the valuation policy
- Analyze fund and asset performance, including complex financing modeling, reviewing financial statements, project updates, and risk management
- Assist with transaction management, including due diligence, acquisitions, dispositions, and other related tasks
- Support the department as necessary with the preparation of reports, analysis, and special projects
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders, including investments, accounting/finance, and operating teams to advance CSA goals
The Experiences and Competencies That Will Help You Succeed
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business Administration, or related fields (advanced degree or industry certifications a plus)
- 3+ years of relevant experience in commercial real estate (banking, private equity, development, investments)
- Strong knowledge of commercial real estate valuation techniques and principles
- Experience with financial markets and real estate private equity investments
- Complete understanding of basic financial concepts such as IRRs, NPVs, and time value of money
- Advanced knowledge of financial modeling techniques in Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets
- Exceptional attention to detail and organization skills
- Self-starter attitude with the ability to perform at a high level within a fast-paced, entrepreneurial culture that emphasizes excellence
- Collaborative, team player who will thrive in a remote, entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines and balance multiple priorities
- Innovative and analytical thinking with excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong leadership skills with an ability to work independently
- Outstanding written and verbal communication
We pay employee premiums for comprehensive health care including dental, vision, life and disability insurance. We also provide flexible PTO (take what you need!), family leave, 401K matching, a stipend to support remote work, and a culture created through shared core values. Learn more about our benefits here.
CrowdStreet is the largest online private equity real estate investing platform. As reported by Dr. Adam Gower in Best Real Estate Syndication Platforms | Gower Crowd - UNLEASHED, published 2022, based on dollars raised by individual investors. To date, we’ve launched more than 600 deals, including both individual assets and funds. Some of the world’s largest sponsors, including Greystar and Harbor Group International have used CrowdStreet to raise capital. Since 2014, our investor community has committed more than $3 billion in investments since March 2022. Disclosures: https://crwd.st/2VIJgo3
Learn more at www.crowdstreet.comCrowdStreet, Inc. (“CrowdStreet”) offers investment opportunities on its website (the “CrowdStreet Marketplace”). Broker dealer services in connection with an investment are offered through CrowdStreet Capital LLC (“CrowdStreet Capital”), a broker dealer registered with FINRA and a member of SIPC.
At CrowdStreet, inclusion, equity, and diversity are necessary to achieving our goals. Our differences in age, race, gender, nationality, sexual orientation, physical ability, thinking style and background bring a variety of knowledge that makes us collectively smarter and better able to compete. We are committed to recruiting, developing, and advancing a diverse staff and engaging in the work that makes that possible.