Associate, Portfolio Strategist & Management
Join Us to Build Something Real!
We're serious about Building. We're a team that cares - about investors, about sponsors, and about each other. Building something great is never easy. We encounter obstacles. We face challenges. Things can sometimes feel chaotic. And because we build together, intentionally engaging our shared core values to build an inspiring culture, we enjoy our work - even when it's hard.
Our scale-up environment is ideal for people who are eager to dig in, navigating complexity and ambiguity in a productive, and positively impactful way. If this is you, we'd love to support your candidacy.
We have created a new role Associate, Portfolio Strategist & Management position with a primary responsibility of managing privately managed account (PMA) portfolios within our CrowdStreet Advisors (CSA) division. PMA is CrowdStreet Advisor’s separately managed account service that provides customized portfolios for high net worth investors. CSA represents CrowdStreet’s registered investment advisor, providing investment management and advisory services, which includes private and registered funds, PMAs and wealth management solutions. You will have the opportunity to play a major role in the continued development of a key strategic initiative at an industry leading alternative investment platform. This position will be a highly visible role at the firm and reports to the Director, Investment Product Development & Portfolio Management of CSA.
- Manage an existing roster of privately managed accounts including, Investment Policy Statement development, asset allocation and portfolio construction, risk management and due diligence and originate new account relationships
- Support annual client portfolio reviews, and produce detailed reports, presentations, and investment commentaries for clients and internal use
- Create and maintain client-level financial models and performance reporting
- Partner with internal stakeholders, including the Office of the CIO, Investor Relations, Finance and Accounting , and other operating teams to effectively manage privately managed accounts to support CSA goals
The Competencies and Experiences That Will Help You Succeed
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Business Administration, or related fields (advanced degree or industry certifications a plus)
- FINRA Series 65 or Series 66 at time of hire or willingness to obtain it within 3 months of start date
- 5+ years of relevant private equity real estate and investment management experience
- Strong knowledge of financial markets, investment vehicles, and portfolio management principles
- Experience in client-facing roles
- A comprehensive and deep understanding of asset allocation and portfolio construction
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to present complex concepts compelling to clients with varying levels of sophistication. Comfortable with sales and business development
- Strong knowledge of financial markets, real estate private equity investments and alternative investments
- Self-starter with ability to perform at a high-level within a fast-paced, entrepreneurial culture in a remote and less structured work environment
- Collaborative, team player who will thrive in an entrepreneurial environment
- An ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines and balance multiple priorities
- An innovative and analytical thinker with strong problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office product suite and Yardi
We pay employee premiums for comprehensive health care including dental, vision, life and disability insurance. We also provide flexible PTO (take what you need!), family leave, 401K matching, a monthly stipend to support remote work, regular in-person gatherings, and a culture created through shared core values. Learn more about our benefits here.
CrowdStreet is the largest online private equity real estate investing platform. As reported by Dr. Adam Gower in Best Real Estate Syndication Platforms | Gower Crowd - UNLEASHED, published 2022, based on dollars raised by individual investors. To date, we’ve launched more than 600 deals, including both individual assets and funds. Some of the world’s largest sponsors, including Greystar and Harbor Group International have used CrowdStreet to raise capital. Since 2014, our investor community has committed more than $3 billion in investments since March 2022. Disclosures: https://crwd.st/2VIJgo3
Learn more at www.crowdstreet.comCrowdStreet, Inc. (“CrowdStreet”) offers investment opportunities on its website (the “CrowdStreet Marketplace”). Broker dealer services in connection with an investment are offered through CrowdStreet Capital LLC (“CrowdStreet Capital”), a broker dealer registered with FINRA and a member of SIPC.
At CrowdStreet, inclusion, equity, and diversity are necessary to achieving our goals. Our differences in age, race, gender, nationality, sexual orientation, physical ability, thinking style and background bring a variety of knowledge that makes us collectively smarter and better able to compete. We are committed to recruiting, developing, and advancing a diverse staff and engaging in the work that makes that possible.