Sr. Data Engineer
Join Us to Build Something Real!
We're serious about Building. We're a team that cares - about investors, about sponsors, and about each other. Building something great is never easy. We encounter obstacles. We face challenges. Things can sometimes feel chaotic. And because we build together, intentionally engaging our shared core values to build an inspiring culture, we enjoy our work - even when it's hard.
Our scale-up environment is ideal for people who are eager to dig in, navigating complexity and ambiguity in a productive, and positively impactful way. If this is you, we'd love to support your candidacy.
As a Sr. Data Engineer, you will be responsible for the design, development, implementation, testing, documentation, and operation of our data systems, pipelines, and analytics platform. You will oversee the ETL processes for bringing in raw data, processing, testing, and modeling into our data warehouse and other critical business systems. You will be responsible for design and implementation of data architecture. You will work closely with cross-functional partners as you participate in the full development life cycle, end-to-end, from design, implementation, and testing, to documentation, delivery, support, and maintenance of all data systems.
- Identify and acquire new data, using integration tools
- Analyze and transform raw data into appropriate data structures
- Write SQL to aggregate, associate, and stitch data sets together for our data science, product analytics, and business intelligence teams
- Manage the data pipelines from source to all critical business systems
- Collaborate with data analytics, product management, and software engineering for proper data best practices
- Collaborate with engineering to track application database changes and additions, and incorporate new data points into the data pipelines
- Optimize performance, reduce compute costs, and improve testing and data validation processes
The Experiences That Will Help You Succeed
- 5+ years working in data engineering, ETL processes, database design and architecture, writing SQL, and analyzing data
- Experience working with business stakeholders, product managers, and developers to build specifications for new data sets needed to enhance business processes
- Proficiency with data warehousing tools like Snowflake, Redshift, and Azure Synapse
- Proficiency with data tools such as AWS Glue, Azure Data Factory, DataBricks, Airbyte, and other related tools
- Experience building data architectures for data science and business intelligence teams
- Familiarity with creating, updating, and reviewing ETL code
- Experience integrating with 3rd party systems, both ingress and egress (CRM, accounting, product analytics, etc)
- Comfortable working in a cloud-native environment
- Proficiency with technical documentation
- Experience in database administration for PostgreSQL databases
- Experience with data science languages such as Python, ML.NET or R
- Experience with C# and .NET web development
- Experience with Azure data stack (Azure Data Factory, Azure DataBricks, Azure Synapse)
- Experience with BI tools like Looker, Tableau, or PowerBI
We pay employee premiums for comprehensive health care including dental, vision, life and disability insurance. We also provide flexible PTO (take what you need!), family leave, 401K matching, a monthly stipend to support remote work, regular in-person gatherings, and a culture created through shared core values. Learn more about our benefits here.
CrowdStreet is an online commercial real estate investing marketplace. Our customer, the individual investor, joins the CrowdStreet community to learn about and invest directly in institutional-quality private real estate deals. Our mission is to deliver the best online real estate investing experience and make it easy for individual investors to diversify their portfolios.
At CrowdStreet, inclusion, equity, and diversity are necessary to achieving our goals. Our differences in age, race, gender, nationality, sexual orientation, physical ability, thinking style and background bring a variety of knowledge that makes us collectively smarter and better able to compete. We are committed to recruiting, developing, and advancing a diverse staff and engaging in the work that makes that possible.