Join Us to Build Something Real!
We're serious about Building. We're a team that cares - about investors, about sponsors, and about each other. Building something great is never easy. We encounter obstacles. We face challenges. Things can sometimes feel chaotic. And because we build together, intentionally engaging our shared core values to build an inspiring culture, we enjoy our work - even when it's hard.
Our scale-up environment is ideal for people who are eager to dig in, navigating complexity and ambiguity in a productive, and positively impactful way. If this is you, we'd love to support your candidacy.
CrowdStreet is seeking a Data Analyst to help with data analysis and visualization to serve our growing Commercial Real Estate (CRE) investment portfolio! The Data function at CrowdStreet has an established tech stack of Snowflake, DBT and Looker. This position will report to the Senior Manager of Business Intelligence and have the opportunity to work directly with business leaders across various departments such as Marketing, Investments, CrowdStreet Advisors and Marketplace Operations.
Ideal candidates have a proven track record of working with relational databases, large and complex data sets and delivering insightful data and visualizations to key business stakeholders. This Data Analyst will be organized cross-functionally across many teams, serving as a resource that will be aligned with high priority business goals.
The Success You'll Build
- Build, design and provide continuous improvements to Looker dashboards and LookML modeling to create data analytics on CRE marketplace deal performance, investor behavior, marketing analytics and more
- Collaborate with Data Engineering for integrating new data sources into the data warehouse, standardize data tables via dbt for ease of use, support the build out of transformations for analytics usage and partner on data model design
- Write complex SQL queries to extract data from our warehouse and develop models in LookML to support projects & ad-hoc data requests from various departments
- Monitor visualizations and highlight data insights to key stakeholders with a focus on business and financial impact
- Proactively problem solve and recommend solutions by gathering requirements and analyzing data needs among supporting teams
- Implement best data practices to support our goals of being a data-driven organization with an emphasis on data validation, data integrity, scalability, strong documentation and self-service analytics for end-users
- Stay current on emerging trends in the field of business intelligence and data analytics
The Experiences That Will Help You Succeed
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Statistics, Information Systems, Business Analytics or related field
- 1-4 years of experience as a Data Analyst, Business Intelligence Analyst, Business Analyst, or similar role, including data analysis, reporting and visualization
- Experience in data analysis, data modeling, business intelligence, and building interactive dashboards using BI tools (Looker is a plus)
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to query large datasets and extract meaningful business insights
- Excellent communication skills with the proven ability to synthesize complex technical concepts and findings to key business stakeholders
- Experience or interest to learn about the commercial real estate industry
The Competencies You’ll Need
- Intermediate to advanced experience working with relational databases and SQL, preferably cloud based databases such as PostgreSQL or Snowflake
- Translate business questions into data queries, extracting key metrics used to support data insights
- Having an analytical mindset is a must with the ability to draw conclusions and insights to support business decision making
- Expert at building compelling and insightful dashboards using modern reporting business intelligence tools (Looker, Tableau, PowerBI)
- Familiarity with LookML data modeling, ETL tools (Dbt, Stitch) and working with data engineers to build transformations for analytics usage
We pay employee premiums for comprehensive health care including dental, vision, life and disability insurance. We also provide flexible PTO (take what you need!), family leave, 401K matching, a monthly stipend to support remote work, regular in-person gatherings, and a culture created through shared core values. Learn more about our benefits here.
CrowdStreet is an online commercial real estate investing marketplace. Our customer, the individual investor, joins the CrowdStreet community to learn about and invest directly in institutional-quality private real estate deals. Our mission is to deliver the best online real estate investing experience and make it easy for individual investors to diversify their portfolios.
At CrowdStreet, inclusion, equity, and diversity are necessary to achieving our goals. Our differences in age, race, gender, nationality, sexual orientation, physical ability, thinking style and background bring a variety of knowledge that makes us collectively smarter and better able to compete. We are committed to recruiting, developing, and advancing a diverse staff and engaging in the work that makes that possible.
Something looks off?