Total Reward Director
Bugcrowd is the world’s #1 crowdsourced security company. Our award-winning platform combines
actionable, contextual intelligence with the skill and experience of the world’s most elite hackers to help
leading organizations solve security challenges, protect customers, and make the digitally connected world
a safer place.
The Director of Total Rewards is responsible for designing, implementing, and managing our total rewards
programs globally. This includes compensation, benefits, equity, engagement and recognition programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
● Responsible for the development, implementation, and administration of global compensation
programs, health and retirement plans for the company.
● Develop, communicate and administer competitive total rewards strategies, including
compensation, benefits, retirement, and engagement.
● Ensure compliance with all governmental regulations related to compensation and benefits
● Oversee the review, communication, and implementation of the annual benefit programs open
enrollment process and compensation review cycles.
● Implements FMLA, LOA and ADA procedures in compliance with local policy, federal and state notices, forms, authorizations, etc. Provide related management support and training.
● Ensure alignment of incentive/reward elements with culture, strategy, and operational imperatives.
● Develop and implement comprehensive communication strategies for total rewards programs.
● Collaborate with the Human Resources Leadership team and business leaders to understand their
issues related to benefits, compensation and engagement.
● Provide counsel on benefits, compensation and engagement related opportunities and challenges.
● Manage, negotiate and effectively partner with third-party solutions and administrative providers.
● Analyze various benefits and compensation data to identify trends/issues and propose/implement
● Ensure all programs offered by Total Rewards are innovative and compelling with regard to trends,
practices, and costs.
● Ensure salary administration guidelines support and align with performance management
● Maintain a working knowledge of federal, state, and international legislation influencing benefits
● Build and maintain relationships with outside legal counsel in partnership with in-house legal team
to review Plan Documents, SPDs and amendment updates.
● Build and sustain collaborative relationships at multiple levels in the company; work through
complex challenges to achieve resolution; build trust by including others and by keeping cross-
functional teams focused on the success of the company.
Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
● Bachelor's degree in HR, business, or related field; advanced degree preferred.
● 10+ years of experience in compensation and benefits, with at least 5 years of experience in a
● Deep knowledge of compensation and benefits best practices, trends, and regulations.
● Experience managing executive compensation and equity plans.
● Strong project management skills, with the ability to lead cross-functional teams and prioritize
● Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate complex ideas
clearly and influence stakeholders at all levels.
● Knowledge, understanding and application of federal and state employment laws: ERISA, FMLA,
FLSA, EEO, HIPAA, PPACA, etc.
● Advanced problem solving, process improvement and change management skills with ability to
think strategically, analytically and creatively.
● Ability to link action to company strategy and performance.
Pay Range Disclosure
The base pay range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including but not limited to Qualifications, Geographical Location, Education/certifications, Experience, Skill Sets, Training, and other business and organizational needs.
At Bugcrowd, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range for the position of Total Reward Director is: $152,800 - $190,300
This position may also be eligible to participate in a discretionary bonus program or commission plan, subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance.
● At Bugcrowd, we understand that diversity in the workplace is vital to a company’s success and
growth. We strive to make sure that people are included and have a sense of being part of making
Bugcrowd not only a great product but a great place to work.
● We regularly hear from both customers and researchers that Bugcrowd feels like a family, and we
strive to maintain that internally as well.
● Our team consists of a broad range of people: musicians, adventure sports junkies, nature lovers,
parents, cereal enthusiasts, night owls, cyclists, artists—you get the point.
At Bugcrowd, we are solving security threats and vulnerabilities that are relevant to everyone, therefore
we believe solving these problems takes all kinds of backgrounds. We value the perspectives and
experiences people from underrepresented backgrounds bring. We are a supportive & collaborative team
who understand that reaching Bugcrowd’s potential depends on the happiness of the employee.
This position has access to highly confidential, sensitive information relating to the technologies of
Bugcrowd. It is essential that the applicant possess the requisite integrity to maintain the information
in the strictest confidence.
The company is authorized to obtain background checks for employment purposes under state and
federal law. Background checks will be conducted for positions that involve access to confidential or
proprietary information (including trade secrets).
Background checks may include Social Security verification, prior employment verification, personal
and professional references, educational verification, and criminal history. Applicants with conviction
histories will not be excluded from consideration to the extent required by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Bugcrowd is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Apply at: https://www.bugcrowd.com/about/careers/