Senior Software Engineer
We are Bugcrowd. Since 2012, we’ve been empowering organizations to take back control and stay ahead of threat actors by uniting the collective ingenuity and expertise of our customers and trusted alliance of elite hackers, with our patented data and AI-powered Security Knowledge Platform™. Our network of hackers brings diverse expertise to uncover hidden weaknesses, adapting swiftly to evolving threats, even against zero-day exploits. With unmatched scalability and adaptability, our data and AI-driven CrowdMatch™ technology in our platform finds the perfect talent for your unique fight. We aim to create a new era of modern crowdsourced security that outpaces threat actors. Unleash the ingenuity of the hacker community with Bugcrowd, visit www.bugcrowd.com. Based in San Francisco, Bugcrowd is supported by Rally Ventures, Costanoa Ventures, Blackbird Ventures, Triangle Peak Partners, and others.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our growing Engineering team. You’ll join a highly engaged and technical group that is well-versed in building enterprise-ready and extremely secure software systems.
In this role, you will:
- Building a platform that connects hackers around the world with companies to help all of us be more secure
- Mentoring, pairing with, and generally supporting the growth and leveling up of members on the team
- Helping design the platform by working with our product team and both internal and external stakeholders to provide an engineering perspective
- Working with our designers on our design system which strives for high accessibility and standards compliance: https://bugcrowd.design/
- In addition to our external users, you’ll be working on improving our platform for our amazing internal teams, such as the Application Security Engineers who review and test incoming vulnerabilities
*Please note we are only currently considering AUS-based candidates
Desired Skills & Experience
- Preferred: Bachelors degree in IT, Computer Science, or a related field
- 5-7+ years total engineering experience
- 3-5+ years of commercial Software Engineering, with at least 1-2 of that being in something close to our tech stack (RoR, Kotlin, Spring, Kafka, React, etc.)
- Experience as a software engineering contributor, preferably to a level of expertise in one or more relevant fields or technology stacks
- Software development in Ruby on Rails, Kotlin and Spring, or Java and Spring
- Event-driven software design at scale, particularly software that uses a message bus architecture (e.g. Kafka, RabbitMQ), and the various trade-offs of a Service-oriented Architecture versus a traditional MVC monolith
- An understanding of the security industry, particularly in the Bug Bounty or Penetration Testing space, and how Bugcrowd fits into the larger picture for our customers and hackers
- Keen understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle at previous companies, and how the SDLC can differ across companies, and how Scrum should be applied in theory and in practice
- Decent writing skills
- At Bugcrowd, we understand that diversity in the workplace is vital to a company’s success and growth. We strive to make sure that people are included and have a sense of being part of making Bugcrowd not only a great product but a great place to work.
- We regularly hear from both customers and researchers that Bugcrowd feels like a family, and we strive to maintain that internally as well.
- Our team consists of a broad range of people: musicians, adventure sports junkies, nature lovers, parents, cereal enthusiasts, night owls, cyclists, artists—you get the point.
At Bugcrowd, we are solving security threats and vulnerabilities that are relevant to everyone, therefore we believe solving these problems takes all kinds of backgrounds. We value the perspectives and experiences people from underrepresented backgrounds bring.
This position has access to highly confidential, sensitive information relating to the technologies of Bugcrowd. It is essential that the applicant possess the requisite integrity to maintain the information in the strictest confidence.
The company is authorized to obtain background checks for employment purposes under state and federal law. Background checks will be conducted for positions that involve access to confidential or proprietary information (including trade secrets).
Background checks may include Social Security verification, prior employment verification, personal and professional references, educational verification, and criminal history. Applicants with conviction histories will not be excluded from consideration to the extent required by law.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Bugcrowd is EOE, Disability/Age Employer.
Individuals seeking employment at Bugcrowd are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
Apply at: https://www.bugcrowd.com/about/careers/