Senior Security Engineer
Bugcrowd is the world’s #1 crowdsourced security company. Our award-winning platform combines actionable, contextual intelligence with the skill and experience of the world’s most elite hackers to help leading organizations solve security challenges, protect customers, and make the digitally connected world a safer place.
The Senior Security Engineer’s role is to aid the security efforts of Bugcrowd, while proactively making changes to further improve our security posture. To achieve this goal, we require a motivated team who are willing to push their own boundaries and step out of their comfort zones. You will be challenged on a regular basis, especially because you are the last line of defense for one of the largest crowdsourced security platforms! The Senior Security Engineer will receive mentoring from the team, while providing mentoring to others. The role requires excellent communication skills as the cybersecurity department liaises with all other departments within the company.
*Please note this role is only open to candidates located in Latin America
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Security Architecture and Application Security - Working with developers to uplift the current security controls and architecting solutions
- Risk Management - Assess the risk behind security issues, track core metrics
- Pentesting / Red Team - Performing penetration tests and red teams of Bugcrowd assets (and vendors)
- Operations / Incident Response - Aid with the process of Incident Response, security operational activities when required
- Tool Creation - Create tools used internally for securing the company, majorly in Python and Golang
- At Bugcrowd, we understand that diversity in the workplace is vital to a company’s success and growth. We strive to make sure that people are included and have a sense of being part of making Bugcrowd not only a great product but a great place to work.
- We regularly hear from both customers and researchers that Bugcrowd feels like a family, and we strive to maintain that internally as well.
- Our team consists of a broad range of people: musicians, adventure sports junkies, nature lovers, parents, cereal enthusiasts, night owls, cyclists, and artists—you get the point.
At Bugcrowd, we are solving security threats and vulnerabilities that are relevant to everyone, therefore we believe solving these problems takes all kinds of backgrounds. We value the perspectives and experiences people from underrepresented backgrounds bring. We are a supportive & collaborative team who understands that reaching Bugcrowd’s potential depends on the happiness of the employee.
This position has access to highly confidential, sensitive information relating to the technologies of Bugcrowd. It is essential that the applicant possess the requisite integrity to maintain the information in the strictest confidence.
The company is authorized to obtain background checks for employment purposes under state and federal law. Background checks will be conducted for positions that involve access to confidential or proprietary information (including trade secrets).
Background checks may include Social Security verification, prior employment verification, personal and professional references, educational verification, and criminal history. Applicants with conviction histories will not be excluded from consideration to the extent required by law.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Bugcrowd is EOE, Disability/Age Employer.
Individuals seeking employment at Bugcrowd are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
Something looks off?