Principal, Product Manager
Bugcrowd is the world’s #1 crowdsourced cybersecurity company. Our offerings for Pen Testing as a Service (PTaaS), Managed Bug Bounty Programs, Vulnerability Disclosure Programs, and Attack Surface Management (ASM) secure the digitally connected world. Bugcrowd offers the only platform-powered solution that orchestrates data, technology, and human intelligence to help organizations uncover and remediate vulnerabilities before they interrupt the business.
The Bugcrowd Security Knowledge Platform provides multiple shared services that give our customers, security researchers, and operations staff a collaborative, real-time understanding of cybersecurity risks. The platform comprises (4) primary areas of capabilities including data-driven validation and triage of researcher-submitted vulnerabilities, workflow orchestration and automation to drive consistent and repeatable outcomes, crowd management to ensure the right researchers with the right skills are sourced at the right time, and intelligence, reporting, and analytics including powerful insights and recommendations driven by machine learning (ML). Pre-built, configurable integrations and flexible APIs ensure comprehensive DevOps and SecOps integration across the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
Bugcrowd is looking for a Principal Product Manager to drive the strategy, definition, and go-to-market of core services and capabilities for the Bugcrowd platform.
- Identify, define and prioritize platform services and capabilities
- Represent the product strategy and roadmap to internal / external stakeholders
- Define product themes, epics, and user stories as input to the product lifecycle
- Collaborate with development and UX teams to iterate and refine product plans
- Identify and resolve tradeoffs and issues that might impede product delivery
- Become the expert and drive product roadmaps for specific platform areas
- Define, acquire, and analyze metrics to guide product priorities and direction
- Perform research and analysis involving the market, competitors, industries
- Engage customers / prospects to identify market needs, define requirements
- Drive compelling platform positioning, packaging, pricing, and go-to-market
- 10+ years product management experience with increasing seniority
- Strong technical background (e.g. CS degree, software engineering)
- Managed Service and/or SaaS product management experience
- Platform product management experience (e.g. services, APIs)
- Program, project, release management experience
- UX design and AI / ML experience preferred
- Self-motivated; able to work in geo-dispersed team
- Exceptional written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Experience with agile software development methods
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven decision making
Pay Range Disclosure:
The base pay range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including, but not limited to, Qualifications, Geographical Location, Education/certifications, Experience, Skill Sets, Training, and other business and organizational needs.
A reasonable estimate of the current range for the position of Principal, Product Management is: $170,000 - $230,000.
This position may also be eligible to participate in a discretionary bonus program or commission plan, subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance.
- We regularly hear from both customers and researchers that Bugcrowd feels like a family, and we strive to maintain that internally as well.
- Our team consists of a broad range of people: musicians, adventure sports junkies, nature lovers, parents, cereal enthusiasts, night owls, cyclists, artists—you get the point.
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Flexible vacation time.
- Exceptional medical, dental & vision coverage
- Company-sponsored off-sites and celebrations
- Pre-tax commuter benefits.
At Bugcrowd, we are solving security threats and vulnerabilities that are relevant to everyone, therefore we believe solving these problems takes all kinds of backgrounds. We value the perspectives and experiences people from underrepresented backgrounds bring. We are a supportive & collaborative team who understand that reaching Bugcrowd’s potential depends on the happiness of the employee.
The company is authorized to obtain background checks for employment purposes under state and federal law. Background checks will be conducted for positions that involve access to confidential or proprietary information (including trade secrets).
Background checks may include Social Security verification, prior employment verification, personal and professional references, educational verification, and criminal history. Applicants with conviction histories will not be excluded from consideration to the extent required by law.