Senior People Systems Analyst
At Braze, we have found our people. We’re a genuinely approachable, exceptionally kind, and intensely passionate crew.
We seek to ignite that passion by setting high standards, championing teamwork, and creating work-life harmony as we collectively navigate rapid growth on a global scale while striving for greater equity and opportunity – inside and outside our organization.
To flourish here, you must be prepared to set a high bar for yourself and those around you. There is always a way to contribute: Acting with autonomy, having accountability and being open to new perspectives are essential to our continued success. Our deep curiosity to learn and our eagerness to share diverse passions with others gives us balance and injects a one-of-a-kind vibrancy into our culture.
If you are driven to solve exhilarating challenges and have a bias toward action in the face of change, you will be empowered to make a real impact here, with a sharp and passionate team at your back. If Braze sounds like a place where you can thrive, we can’t wait to meet you.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Braze is undergoing an exciting transformation to improve our HR technology operations and systems. This Senior People Systems Analyst role will sit within the People Operations team, reporting to the Team Lead, People Systems. This person will assist in the planning, execution, and maintenance of our HR systems. They will also be responsible for taking our data and reporting to the next level, in partnership with our People Systems team, as we support our fast-growing global teams.
- Partner with HRIS Analysts to continuously optimize our HR systems, primarily but not limited to Workday, and implement solutions to drive adoption and ease of use.
- Gather business requirements, determine viable system solutions, and build investment with stakeholders to implement changes.
- Configure changes in Workday aligned with business requirements and perform comprehensive unit testing.
- Write advanced reports that include creating calculated fields and maintaining dashboards, providing the HR Team and wider organization with accurate data.
- Monitor and configure current Workday Business Processes and create new ones as needed.
- Participate actively in the Workday Community, propose and advocate for improvements to the Workday solution, and build a network of peers to best-practice-share.
- Create and maintain end-user and training documentation; and participate in training activities for stakeholders and end-users.
- Regularly evaluate current state of system and integrations and proactively identify opportunities for improvement with stakeholder feedback and buy-in, including analyzing the impact of Workday’s bi-annual updates.
- Partner with external vendors, users and other internal partners on data and systems projects, integration and analytics; ensuring the integrity of HRIS data and security.
WHO YOU ARE
We are looking for a scrappy and detail-obsessed system analyst with experience in the configuration of large-scale HRIS (Workday). The right person will be system and process minded, with an exceptional ability to think critically and drive improvement.
- 3-5 years HR experience with 2-3 years of Workday experience required
- Previous hands-on experience working with Workday (HCM, Benefits, and Absence experience required. Time Tracking, Advanced Compensation, and/or Payroll are a plus.)
- Workday Business Process Configuration experience
- Strong data analysis and complex report building skills specifically in Workday
- Track record of taking initiative and consistently identifying opportunities for process improvements
- Demonstrate high level of integrity, discretion and confidentiality
- Proven ability to collaborate and work in a cross-functional team environment
- Work with stakeholders to create, document, and test various scenarios and outcomes and perform UAT where applicable
- Knowledge of how to document configuration changes and the ability to put together comprehensive Standard Operations Procedures (SOPs) for stakeholders and internal use.
- Ability to prioritize workload and provide timely follow-up and resolution
- Action-orientation with excellent follow-through skills; works well independently and in teams in a fast-paced, multifaceted environment
- Analyzes and assesses situations to find effective solutions; creative problem solver; engages in fixing the problem; makes decisions using data
- Familiarity with Service Desks such as Jira is preferred but not required
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced Microsoft Excel proficiency
- Experience with other People Systems such as Greenhouse, Lattice, and Cultureamp, is a plus.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation that may include equity
- Retirement and Employee Stock Purchase Plans
- Flexible paid time off
- Comprehensive benefit plans covering medical, dental, vision, life, and disability
- Family services that include fertility benefits and equal paid parental leave
- Professional development supported by formal career pathing, learning platforms, and tuition reimbursement
- Community engagement opportunities throughout the year, including an annual company wide Volunteerism Week
- Employee Resource Groups that provide supportive communities within Braze
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun culture recognized as a Great Place to Work®
Details of these benefit plans will be provided if a candidate receives an offer of employment. Benefits may vary by location.
Braze (Nasdaq: BRZE) is a leading comprehensive customer engagement platform that powers interactions between consumers and brands they love. With Braze, global brands can ingest and process customer data in real time, orchestrate and optimize contextually relevant, cross-channel marketing campaigns and continuously evolve their customer engagement strategies.
Braze is proudly certified as a Great Place to Work® in the U.S., the UK and Singapore. We ranked #1 on Great Place to Work UK’s 2023 Best Workplaces (Medium), #3 on Great Place to Work UK’s 2023 Best Workplaces for Wellbeing (Medium), #4 on Great Place to Work’s 2023 Best Workplaces in Europe (Medium), #5 on Fortune’s 2022 Best Workplaces for Millennials in the US, #10 on Great Place to Work UK’s 2023 Best Workplaces for Women (Large), #19 on Fortune’s 2023 Best Workplaces in New York (Large), and were named as a Top Achiever on Great Place to Work UK’s 2023 Best Workplaces in Tech.
You’ll find many of us at headquarters in New York City or around the world in Austin, Berlin, Chicago, Jakarta, London, Paris, San Francisco, Singapore, Sydney and Tokyo – not to mention our employees in nearly 50 remote locations.