Lead People Business Partner
At Braze, we have found our people. We’re a genuinely approachable, exceptionally kind, and intensely passionate crew.
We seek to ignite that passion by setting high standards, championing teamwork, and creating work-life harmony as we collectively navigate rapid growth on a global scale while striving for greater equity and opportunity – inside and outside our organization.
To flourish here, you must be prepared to set a high bar for yourself and those around you. There is always a way to contribute: Acting with autonomy, having accountability and being open to new perspectives are essential to our continued success. Our deep curiosity to learn and our eagerness to share diverse passions with others gives us balance and injects a one-of-a-kind vibrancy into our culture.
If you are driven to solve exhilarating challenges and have a bias toward action in the face of change, you will be empowered to make a real impact here, with a sharp and passionate team at your back. If Braze sounds like a place where you can thrive, we can’t wait to meet you.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
The People Relations team aligns Braze’s business objectives with our most valuable asset, our people. Day to day, we work collaboratively with leaders to help them meet their goals with a focus on their employees and to cultivate a comprehensive employee experience in which every employee is included, challenged, developed, recognized, and rewarded. We’re strategic partners to the business and ensure employees are supported throughout their journey with Braze!
The Lead People Business Partner is responsible for providing exemplary, hands-on strategic support to the senior-most leaders in their assigned departments while mentoring more junior team members and leading complex, company-wide initiatives. This is an exciting opportunity based in our New York City office, with some hybrid flexibility. The Lead People Business Partner will have a big impact on the company as we continue to grow and scale!
Specifically, you will:
- Provide a full spectrum of strategic and tactical support to our G&A functions at the executive level
- Partner with leaders to design and deliver appropriate talent planning activities that will identify top talent, leadership development priorities, and succession plans within your client groups
- Proactively engage with your leaders on people strategy through workforce planning, organizational design and structure
- Advise employees by taking a consultative approach to help them enhance their working relationships, plan and execute on their career goals, and be impactful and successful contributors to the Braze team
- Lead impactful, company-wide initiatives and projects
- Be both an advocate for employees and a champion for the business
- Mentor and develop junior teammates through shadowing, coaching, and proactive development opportunities
WHO YOU ARE
You’re a highly experienced HR business partner who is ready to roll up your sleeves and make a new role your own!
Specifically, you have:
- 8+ years of full-time HR business partner experience in the SaaS technology industry working with leaders across all aspects of an organization
- An ironclad understanding of human resources best practices, employment law and employee relations
- Impeccable judgment and ability to navigate ambiguity as situations require
- Outstanding verbal and written communication, and cross-functional collaboration skills
- A strategic and influencing mindset
- Superb organizational skills, attention to detail and accuracy
- A self-motivating, leadership attitude that others look up to and emulate
- Robust multitasking skills and comfort wearing many hats at once
- Ability to work with stakeholders at all levels of the organization by tailoring your approach to achieve partnership and the best possible outcome
For candidates based in the United States, the pay range for this position at the start of employment is expected to be between $122,000 and 160,000/year with an expected On Target Earnings (OTE) between $140,000 and $185,000/year (including bonus or commission). Your exact offer may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. In addition to cash compensation, Braze offers full- and part- time employees a comprehensive Total Rewards package that includes equity grants of restricted stock (RSUs) so that all Braze employees own a piece of our company.
WHAT WE OFFER
From comprehensive benefits to remote availability to flexible time off, we’ve got you covered so you can prioritize work-life harmony.
- Competitive compensation that may include equity
- Retirement and Employee Stock Purchase Plans
- Flexible paid time off
- Comprehensive benefit plans covering medical, dental, vision, life, and disability
- Family services that include fertility benefits and equal paid parental leave
- Professional development supported by formal career pathing, learning platforms, and tuition reimbursement
- Community engagement opportunities throughout the year, including an annual company wide Volunteerism Week
- Employee Resource Groups that provide supportive communities within Braze
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun culture recognized as a Great Place to Work®
Details of these benefit plans will be provided if a candidate receives an offer of employment. Benefits may vary by location.
Braze (Nasdaq: BRZE) is a leading comprehensive customer engagement platform that powers interactions between consumers and brands they love. With Braze, global brands can ingest and process customer data in real time, orchestrate and optimize contextually relevant, cross-channel marketing campaigns and continuously evolve their customer engagement strategies.
Braze is proudly certified as a Great Place to Work® in the U.S., the UK and Singapore. We ranked #1 on Great Place to Work UK’s 2023 Best Workplaces (Medium), #3 on Great Place to Work UK’s 2023 Best Workplaces for Wellbeing (Medium), #4 on Great Place to Work’s 2023 Best Workplaces in Europe (Medium), #5 on Fortune’s 2022 Best Workplaces for Millennials in the US, #10 on Great Place to Work UK’s 2023 Best Workplaces for Women (Large), #19 on Fortune’s 2023 Best Workplaces in New York (Large), and were named as a Top Achiever on Great Place to Work UK’s 2023 Best Workplaces in Tech.
You’ll find many of us at headquarters in New York City or around the world in Austin, Berlin, Chicago, Jakarta, London, Paris, San Francisco, Singapore, Sydney and Tokyo – not to mention our employees in nearly 50 remote locations.