Senior Social Impact Specialist
At Braze, we have found our people. We’re a genuinely approachable, exceptionally kind, and intensely passionate crew.
We seek to ignite that passion by setting high standards, championing teamwork, and creating work-life harmony as we collectively navigate rapid growth on a global scale while striving for greater equity and opportunity – inside and outside our organization.
To flourish here, you must be prepared to set a high bar for yourself and those around you. There is always a way to contribute: Acting with autonomy, having accountability and being open to new perspectives are essential to our continued success. Our deep curiosity to learn and our eagerness to share diverse passions with others gives us balance and injects a one-of-a-kind vibrancy into our culture.
If you are driven to solve exhilarating challenges and have a bias toward action in the face of change, you will be empowered to make a real impact here, with a sharp and passionate team at your back. If Braze sounds like a place where you can thrive, we can’t wait to meet you.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
We’re seeking a dynamic and resourceful Social Impact Sr. Specialist to join our Social Impact team. The Social Impact Department at Braze uses technology, expertise, and resources to transform how the world connects and communicates to shape an equitable and more sustainable future. The program encompasses Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR), DEI, and Sustainability Programs under the pillars of community, equity, and environment.
This person will play a critical role in supporting, growing, and further executing our Social Impact programs, specifically Corporate Social Responsibility and Sustainability. They will collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, track program performance and communicate updates to stakeholders. Their ability to analyze data and build strong relationships effectively will be key to their success in this role.
The Social Impact Program is funded by Braze in addition to our Braze for Social Impact Fund, in which Braze will donate 1% of equity over the next 10 years, starting in 2022. This role will report to the Vice President of Social Impact (directly reporting to our CEO).
- Support our Corporate Social Responsibility programs by assisting with the coordination of quarterly volunteer events, employee-led giving campaigns, and global grant-making initiatives. This includes support for our annual Braze Cares Volunteer Week, employee resource group giving campaigns, Community Grant partner relationships, and more.
- Support the execution of Braze’s climate programs, including assisting with our annual greenhouse gas emissions audit, which will include working cross-functionally with departments such as Engineering, Finance, and People.
- Regularly track and evaluate the performance of Social Impact programs and activities. Identify key metrics, analyze data and provide insights to improve program effectiveness.
- Effectively communicate program updates and outcomes to internal and external stakeholders.
WHO YOU ARE
The ideal candidate is someone who is deeply passionate about Social Impact, has strong project management and communications skills and is able to collaborate with a wide variety of departments, partners and stakeholders. We are looking for someone with a track record of operational excellence across a variety of projects and departments.
- Demonstrated experience in executing complex projects related to CSR, DEI, or Sustainability.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to work with data independently.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Proven ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams and various stakeholders.
- Passion for Social Impact and a deep understanding of its significance in the corporate world.
- Experience with previous Social Impact and Sustainability measurement and reporting is a plus.
For candidates based in the United States, the pay range for this position at the start of employment is expected to be between $68,850 and $98,600/year with an expected On Target Earnings (OTE) between $81,000 and $116,000/year (including bonus or commission). Your exact offer may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. In addition to cash compensation, Braze offers full- and part- time employees a comprehensive Total Rewards package that includes equity grants of restricted stock (RSUs) so that all Braze employees own a piece of our company.
WHAT WE OFFER
From comprehensive benefits to remote availability to flexible time off, we’ve got you covered so you can prioritize work-life harmony.
- Competitive compensation that may include equity
- Retirement and Employee Stock Purchase Plans
- Flexible paid time off
- Comprehensive benefit plans covering medical, dental, vision, life, and disability
- Family services that include fertility benefits and equal paid parental leave
- Professional development supported by formal career pathing, learning platforms, and tuition reimbursement
- Community engagement opportunities throughout the year, including an annual company wide Volunteerism Week
- Employee Resource Groups that provide supportive communities within Braze
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun culture recognized as a Great Place to Work®
Details of these benefit plans will be provided if a candidate receives an offer of employment. Benefits may vary by location.
Braze (Nasdaq: BRZE) is a leading comprehensive customer engagement platform that powers interactions between consumers and brands they love. With Braze, global brands can ingest and process customer data in real time, orchestrate and optimize contextually relevant, cross-channel marketing campaigns and continuously evolve their customer engagement strategies.
Braze is proudly certified as a Great Place to Work® in the U.S., the UK and Singapore. We ranked #1 on Great Place to Work UK’s 2023 Best Workplaces (Medium), #3 on Great Place to Work UK’s 2023 Best Workplaces for Wellbeing (Medium), #4 on Great Place to Work’s 2023 Best Workplaces in Europe (Medium), #5 on Fortune’s 2022 Best Workplaces for Millennials in the US, #10 on Great Place to Work UK’s 2023 Best Workplaces for Women (Large), #19 on Fortune’s 2023 Best Workplaces in New York (Large), and were named as a Top Achiever on Great Place to Work UK’s 2023 Best Workplaces in Tech.
You’ll find many of us at headquarters in New York City or around the world in Austin, Berlin, Chicago, Jakarta, London, Paris, San Francisco, Singapore, Sydney and Tokyo – not to mention our employees in nearly 50 remote locations.