Data Analyst, Cost of Revenue
At Braze, we have found our people. We’re a genuinely approachable, exceptionally kind, and intensely passionate crew.
We seek to ignite that passion by setting high standards, championing teamwork, and creating work-life harmony as we collectively navigate rapid growth on a global scale while striving for greater equity and opportunity – inside and outside our organization.
To flourish here, you must be prepared to set a high bar for yourself and those around you. There is always a way to contribute: Acting with autonomy, having accountability and being open to new perspectives are essential to our continued success. Our deep curiosity to learn and our eagerness to share diverse passions with others gives us balance and injects a one-of-a-kind vibrancy into our culture.
If you are driven to solve exhilarating challenges and have a bias toward action in the face of change, you will be empowered to make a real impact here, with a sharp and passionate team at your back. If Braze sounds like a place where you can thrive, we can’t wait to meet you.
About the Role:
We are seeking a detail-oriented and analytical Data Analyst to join our finance team. In this role, you will be responsible for analyzing our cost of revenue data by tracking vendor usage / negotiated unit prices and mapping calculated fees against invoices to ensure billing accuracy. This role requires reviewing, manipulating and analyzing large data sets for accuracy, along with a high level of proficiency using Google Sheets/Excel and a keen attention for detail.
- Track utilization data and map it against invoices to ensure accuracy and consistency.
- Review vendor invoices to verify that they are utilizing correct unit prices, investigating and resolving any discrepancies.
- Regularly maintain and analyze large data sets to model vendor fees with an attention to accuracy, and identifying any trends or errors in data
- Develop and maintain detailed financial reports to present to management, highlighting trends and providing insights.
- Collaborate with other Finance team members to understand and improve cost of revenue calculations and processes.
- Assist with other financial analysis or reporting tasks as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting, or a related field.
- Proven experience in a similar role, preferably within a Finance department.
- Strong proficiency with Google Sheets/Excel, including the ability to manage and analyze large data sets.
- Excellent attention to detail and a high level of accuracy in all work.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to identify trends and discrepancies in data.
- Good communication skills, with the ability to explain complex data in a clear and understandable way.
This is a great opportunity for a detail-oriented analyst who enjoys working with data and has a strong understanding of finance. If you're ready to take on a challenging and rewarding role, we'd love to hear from you.
WHAT WE OFFER
From comprehensive benefits to remote availability to flexible time off, we’ve got you covered so you can prioritize work-life harmony.
- Competitive compensation that may include equity
- Retirement and Employee Stock Purchase Plans
- Flexible paid time off
- Comprehensive benefit plans covering medical, dental, vision, life, and disability
- Family services that include fertility benefits and equal paid parental leave
- Professional development supported by formal career pathing, learning platforms, and tuition reimbursement
- Community engagement opportunities throughout the year, including an annual company wide Volunteerism Week
- Employee Resource Groups that provide supportive communities within Braze
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun culture recognized as a Great Place to Work®
Details of these benefit plans will be provided if a candidate receives an offer of employment. Benefits may vary by location.
Braze (Nasdaq: BRZE) is a leading comprehensive customer engagement platform that powers interactions between consumers and brands they love. With Braze, global brands can ingest and process customer data in real time, orchestrate and optimize contextually relevant, cross-channel marketing campaigns and continuously evolve their customer engagement strategies.
Braze is proudly certified as a Great Place to Work® in the U.S., the UK and Singapore. We ranked #1 on Great Place to Work UK’s 2023 Best Workplaces (Medium), #3 on Great Place to Work UK’s 2023 Best Workplaces for Wellbeing (Medium), #4 on Great Place to Work’s 2023 Best Workplaces in Europe (Medium), #5 on Fortune’s 2022 Best Workplaces for Millennials in the US, #10 on Great Place to Work UK’s 2023 Best Workplaces for Women (Large), #19 on Fortune’s 2023 Best Workplaces in New York (Large), and were named as a Top Achiever on Great Place to Work UK’s 2023 Best Workplaces in Tech.
You’ll find many of us at headquarters in New York City or around the world in Austin, Berlin, Chicago, Jakarta, London, Paris, San Francisco, Singapore, Sydney and Tokyo – not to mention our employees in nearly 50 remote locations.