At Braze, we have found our people. We’re a genuinely approachable, exceptionally kind, and intensely passionate crew.
We seek to ignite that passion by setting high standards, championing teamwork, and creating work-life harmony as we collectively navigate rapid growth on a global scale while striving for greater equity and opportunity – inside and outside our organization.
To flourish here, you must be prepared to set a high bar for yourself and those around you. There is always a way to contribute: Acting with autonomy, having accountability and being open to new perspectives are essential to our continued success. Our deep curiosity to learn and our eagerness to share diverse passions with others gives us balance and injects a one-of-a-kind vibrancy into our culture.
If you are driven to solve exhilarating challenges and have a bias toward action in the face of change, you will be empowered to make a real impact here, with a sharp and passionate team at your back. If Braze sounds like a place where you can thrive, we can’t wait to meet you.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
We are seeking a hands-on detailed oriented Accounting Manager to serve as the operational accounting lead on a growing team. This position will be directly responsible for the hiring and supervision of a local team in Romania and South Korea. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Corporate Accounting, the successful candidate will own a variety of month-end and quarter-end tasks. This position requires a person who performs at a high level of accuracy and efficiency, is well organized, and demonstrates ownership and initiative to accomplish goals. Additionally, the candidate will be innovative to drive efficiencies through continual evaluation of our systems and business processes. In this role, you will be expected to be a key contributor and have exposure to Senior Management.
- Own the month-end closing activities including preparation and/or review of critical GAAP journal entries, account reconciliations, preparing and reviewing financial reporting and flux analysis
- Manage the day-to-day transactional accounting activities, including cash, prepaids, fixed assets, accruals, payroll accounting, operating expenses, account reconciliations and other general ledger areas assigned across multiple legal entities
- Coordinating and supporting statutory compliance and audits for Braze’s international entities
- Responsible for the local IFRS Accounting and compliance
- Assist with implementing accounting policies and procedures that ensure all financial transactions are executed according to GAAP principles
- Responsible for identifying and implementing improvements in work processes including automation and SOX compliance, documenting and monitoring internal controls related to areas assigned
- Continually evaluate current state and drive change for greater efficiency and improvements in month end close processes
- Interface with external accountants during year-end audits and quarterly reviews, including preparation and review of PBC list items
- Collaborate and coordinate with various business partners to obtain required financial reporting information and develop improvements to the financial reporting process
- Manage key accounting systems and lead/ participate in system optimization initiatives
- A people manager of an agile and lean accounting function responsible for staff hiring, performance, development and performance appraisals
WHO YOU ARE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 6+ years of progressive accounting experience, with at least 2 years of experience supervising/managing accounting staff
- Big 4 or large global accounting firm experience is preferred
- Chartered Accountant and/or MBA strongly preferred
- Excellent knowledge of US GAAP and SOX
- Experience working in a high-growth, publicly traded company, strongly preferred
- Solid organizational, analytical, and verbal / written communication skills.
- Strong Microsoft Excel and gSuite skills required.
- Solid experience using NetSuite and FloQast, is preferred
- Solid experience optimizing Accounting & Finance processes
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English, interpersonal, analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Experience working with international teams across time zones, and strong prior experience with intercompany accounting and consolidation
- Can read and speak Portuguese is preferred
- Ability to work in a dynamic fast paced environment, successfully juggling multiple entities, projects, and deliverables
WHAT WE OFFER
From comprehensive benefits to remote availability to flexible time off, we’ve got you covered so you can prioritize work-life harmony.
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Retirement and Employee Stock Purchase Plans
- Flexible paid time off
- Comprehensive benefit plans covering medical, dental, vision, life, and disability
- Family services that include fertility benefits and equal paid parental leave
- Dog-friendly offices and remote availability across many global locations
- Professional development supported by formal career pathing, learning platforms, and tuition reimbursement
- Community engagement opportunities throughout the year, including an annual company wide Volunteerism Week
- Employee Resource Groups that provide supportive communities within Braze
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun culture recognized as a Great Place to Work®
Details of these benefit plans will be provided if a candidate receives an offer of employment. Benefits may vary by location.
Braze (Nasdaq: BRZE) is a leading comprehensive customer engagement platform that powers interactions between consumers and brands they love. With Braze, global brands can ingest and process customer data in real time, orchestrate and optimize contextually relevant, cross-channel marketing campaigns and continuously evolve their customer engagement strategies.
Braze is proudly certified as a Great Place to Work® in the U.S., the UK and Singapore. We ranked #1 on Great Place to Work UK’s 2023 Best Workplaces (Medium), #3 on Great Place to Work UK’s 2023 Best Workplaces for Wellbeing (Medium), #4 on Great Place to Work’s 2023 Best Workplaces in Europe (Medium), #5 on Fortune’s 2022 Best Workplaces for Millennials in the US, #10 on Great Place to Work UK’s 2023 Best Workplaces for Women (Large), #19 on Fortune’s 2023 Best Workplaces in New York (Large), and were named as a Top Achiever on Great Place to Work UK’s 2023 Best Workplaces in Tech.
You’ll find many of us at headquarters in New York City or around the world in Austin, Berlin, Chicago, Jakarta, London, Paris, San Francisco, Singapore, Sydney and Tokyo – not to mention our employees in nearly 50 remote locations.