Senior Copy Lead
At Braze, we have found our people. We’re a genuinely approachable, exceptionally kind, and intensely passionate crew.
We seek to ignite that passion by setting high standards, championing teamwork, and creating work-life harmony as we collectively navigate rapid growth on a global scale while striving for greater equity and opportunity – inside and outside our organization.
To flourish here, you must be prepared to set a high bar for yourself and those around you. There is always a way to contribute: Acting with autonomy, having accountability and being open to new perspectives are essential to our continued success. Our deep curiosity to learn and our eagerness to share diverse passions with others gives us balance and injects a one-of-a-kind vibrancy into our culture.
If you are driven to solve exhilarating challenges and have a bias toward action in the face of change, you will be empowered to make a real impact here, with a sharp and passionate team at your back. If Braze sounds like a place where you can thrive, we can’t wait to meet you.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
We’re looking for a multifaceted, collaborative Senior Copy Lead to work across a variety of brand and product needs as well as marketing channels with a focus on writing site pages, email campaigns, product pages, and case studies, as well as paid media (including banner and social, digital print, OOH, and short-form video). Other work will include traditional marketing materials such as presentations, digital brochures, and collateral for events. You will partner with cross-disciplinary teams to activate the NEW Braze brand voice and vision, driving sales of our innovative technology among other business goals.
- Bring creativity, attention to detail and efficiency while working under tight deadlines and multiple projects simultaneously.
- Work alongside our Lead Copywriter and Executive Creative Director/copywriter to own, improve and accelerate our new brand voice.
- Collaborate with team members throughout the creative process from concept to production.
- Conceptualize messaging solutions that maintain the consistency of the new Braze brand across channels.
- Expertly simplify complex and technical concepts into audience engaging messaging
- Oversee and direct freelance writers (when needed) to ensure quality control
- Be enthusiastic, proactive and eager to learn new skills
- Collaborate to help elevate the quality and production level of the work coming out of the creative team
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
WHO YOU ARE
- 5+ years of professional copywriting experience preferably with a mix of agency/client side experience
- A strong understanding of B2B needs as well as a strong application of B2C style and creativity
- Experience writing for and/or knowledge of marketing, MarTech, SaaS B2B
- BFA/BA in Advertising, Writing, English, or related field
- A strong portfolio that demonstrates versatility and a broad range of writing knowledge and skills
- Knowledge of industry tools (AP Style Guide, Word, GSuite)
- Experience creating content heavy collateral such as large digital guides
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work on multiple projects
- A self-starter with the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to juggle multiple, demanding tasks simultaneously and with accuracy
Bonus Points For:
- Knowledge of Figma
For candidates based in the United States, the pay range for this position at the start of employment is expected to be between $132,000 and $145,200/year with an expected On Target Earnings (OTE) between $150,000 and $165,000/year (including bonus or commission). Your exact offer may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. In addition to cash compensation, Braze offers full- and part- time employees a comprehensive Total Rewards package that includes equity grants of restricted stock (RSUs) so that all Braze employees own a piece of our company.
WHAT WE OFFER
From comprehensive benefits to remote availability to flexible time off, we’ve got you covered so you can prioritize work-life harmony.
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Retirement and Employee Stock Purchase Plans
- Flexible paid time off
- Comprehensive benefit plans covering medical, dental, vision, life, and disability
- Family services that include fertility benefits and equal paid parental leave
- Dog-friendly offices and remote availability across many global locations
- Professional development supported by formal career pathing, learning platforms, and tuition reimbursement
- Community engagement opportunities throughout the year, including an annual company wide Volunteerism Week
- Employee Resource Groups that provide supportive communities within Braze
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun culture recognized as a Great Place to Work®
Details of these benefit plans will be provided if a candidate receives an offer of employment. Benefits may vary by location.
Braze (Nasdaq: BRZE) is a leading comprehensive customer engagement platform that powers interactions between consumers and brands they love. With Braze, global brands can ingest and process customer data in real time, orchestrate and optimize contextually relevant, cross-channel marketing campaigns and continuously evolve their customer engagement strategies.
Braze is proudly certified as a Great Place to Work® in the U.S., the UK and Singapore. We ranked #1 on Great Place to Work UK’s 2023 Best Workplaces (Medium), #3 on Great Place to Work UK’s 2023 Best Workplaces for Wellbeing (Medium), #4 on Great Place to Work’s 2023 Best Workplaces in Europe (Medium), #5 on Fortune’s 2022 Best Workplaces for Millennials in the US, #10 on Great Place to Work UK’s 2023 Best Workplaces for Women (Large), #19 on Fortune’s 2023 Best Workplaces in New York (Large), and were named as a Top Achiever on Great Place to Work UK’s 2023 Best Workplaces in Tech.
You’ll find many of us at headquarters in New York City or around the world in Austin, Berlin, Chicago, Jakarta, London, Paris, San Francisco, Singapore, Sydney and Tokyo – not to mention our employees in nearly 50 remote locations.