Lead Product Designer
At Braze, we have found our people. We’re a genuinely approachable, exceptionally kind, and intensely passionate crew.
We seek to ignite that passion by setting high standards, championing teamwork, and creating work-life harmony as we collectively navigate rapid growth on a global scale while striving for greater equity and opportunity – inside and outside our organization.
To flourish here, you must be prepared to set a high bar for yourself and those around you. There is always a way to contribute: Acting with autonomy, having accountability and being open to new perspectives are essential to our continued success. Our deep curiosity to learn and our eagerness to share diverse passions with others gives us balance and injects a one-of-a-kind vibrancy into our culture.
If you are driven to solve exhilarating challenges and have a bias toward action in the face of change, you will be empowered to make a real impact here, with a sharp and passionate team at your back. If Braze sounds like a place where you can thrive, we can’t wait to meet you.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
We are seeking a Lead Product Designer to join our team, leading product design for our Reporting products. Product Design teams at Braze work closely with User Research, Product Management, and Engineering to uncover opportunities, develop a strategy and a vision, and execute on the roadmap with a high level of craftsmanship.
Braze’s Reporting team is focused on creating a holistic analytics experience that allows customers to easily understand the performance of their marketing. Reporting’s core responsibility is to transform raw data into easy to understand, actionable insights which drive marketing strategies and campaigns. Reporting works closely with all of Braze’s core product teams to combine Braze’s real-time data activation and messaging orchestration engine with an intuitive analytics suite in a single interface. Reporting enhances the user experience by empowering customers to make data-driven optimizations to their marketing efforts and achieve greater return on investment.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
You’ll be primarily working on defining and designing high impact features as well as refining the user experience for projects related to analytics. Through research you’ll identify and prioritize problems to solve, and design well-crafted experiences to offer the best-in-class analytics suite.
You will collaborate closely with product managers, UX researchers, product analysts, technical writers, engineers, and your fellow product designers to deliver solutions that make Braze an easier and even more enjoyable product to work with. You will get a chance to understand our users and our business, and you will be an effective verbal and visual communicator. You will work with other Lead Product Designers to improve the design practice and mentor designers.
WHO YOU ARE
- 5+ years of product design experience on digital products and experience working with established design systems
- An evidence-based decision maker; you identify problems to solve that add value via user research
- You are able to frame your solutions clearly in the context of the customer's journey and build empathy among your team. You clearly articulate design decisions, their constraints, trade offs, and risks
- You have strong communication, collaboration, organization, and leadership skills, including the ability to work with cross-functional stakeholders to find alignment and deliver great solutions
- Penchant for understanding complex problems and products; unafraid to discuss technical feasibility and long term technology planning
- Systems thinker with the ability to understand design solutions that work across multiple product areas
- Organized and thorough; habitually documents and double-checks work
- Comfortable with ambiguity, and learning through experimentation
- A dedicated craftsperson; you use your skills of interaction design, visual design, and prototyping to create great user experiences
- You have a portfolio of the work demonstrating skills in the following areas:
- Working on complex applications
- Excellent visual design and storytelling skills
- Strong prototyping skills
- Conducting research and carrying research insights into the work
- Partnering with engineers to release features with a high level of usability and craftsmanship
- Demonstrable business impact
BONUS IF YOU HAVE
- Experience working on marketing technology or customer engagement products
- Experience in enterprise SaaS
- Experience in analytics products
- Advance degree in HCI, interaction design, or service design
- Experience in agile organizations, working in cross-functional teams / pods / verticals
For candidates based in the United States, the pay range for this position at the start of employment is expected to be between $XX and $XX/year with an expected On Target Earnings (OTE) between $YY and $YY/year (including bonus or commission). Your exact offer may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. In addition to cash compensation, Braze offers full- and part- time employees a comprehensive Total Rewards package that includes equity grants of restricted stock (RSUs) so that all Braze employees own a piece of our company.
WHAT WE OFFER
From comprehensive benefits to remote availability to flexible time off, we’ve got you covered so you can prioritize work-life harmony.
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Retirement and Employee Stock Purchase Plans
- Flexible paid time off
- Comprehensive benefit plans covering medical, dental, vision, life, and disability
- Family services that include fertility benefits and equal paid parental leave
- Global presence, dog-friendly offices, and remote availability
- Professional development supported by formal career pathing, learning platforms, and tuition reimbursement
- Community engagement opportunities throughout the year, including an annual company wide Volunteerism Week
- Employee Resource Groups that provide supportive communities within Braze
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun culture recognized as a Great Place to Work®
Details of these benefit plans will be provided if a candidate receives an offer of employment. Benefits may vary by location.
Braze (Nasdaq: BRZE) is a leading comprehensive customer engagement platform that powers interactions between consumers and brands they love. With Braze, global brands can ingest and process customer data in real time, orchestrate and optimize contextually relevant, cross-channel marketing campaigns and continuously evolve their customer engagement strategies.
Braze is proudly certified as a Great Place to Work® in the U.S., the UK and Singapore. We ranked #1 on Great Place to Work UK’s 2023 Best Workplaces (Medium), #3 on Great Place to Work UK’s 2023 Best Workplaces for Wellbeing (Medium), #4 on Great Place to Work’s 2023 Best Workplaces in Europe (Medium), #5 on Fortune’s 2022 Best Workplaces for Millennials in the US, #10 on Great Place to Work UK’s 2023 Best Workplaces for Women (Large), #19 on Fortune’s 2023 Best Workplaces in New York (Large), and were named as a Top Achiever on Great Place to Work UK’s 2023 Best Workplaces in Tech.
You’ll find many of us at headquarters in New York City or around the world in Austin, Berlin, Chicago, Jakarta, London, Paris, San Francisco, Singapore, Sydney and Tokyo – not to mention our employees in nearly 50 remote locations.