Support Engagement Lead
At Braze, we have found our people. We’re a genuinely approachable, exceptionally kind, and intensely passionate crew.
We seek to ignite that passion by setting high standards, championing teamwork, and creating work-life harmony as we collectively navigate rapid growth on a global scale while striving for greater equity and opportunity – inside and outside our organization.
To flourish here, you must be prepared to set a high bar for yourself and those around you. There is always a way to contribute: Acting with autonomy, having accountability and being open to new perspectives are essential to our continued success. Our deep curiosity to learn and our eagerness to share diverse passions with others gives us balance and injects a one-of-a-kind vibrancy into our culture.
If you are driven to solve exhilarating challenges and have a bias toward action in the face of change, you will be empowered to make a real impact here, with a sharp and passionate team at your back. If Braze sounds like a place where you can thrive, we can’t wait to meet you.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
The Support Engagement Lead is a member of the Global Technical Support team and is tasked with delivering a premium support service experience to customers. The Support Engagement Lead is a personalized and customized support experience for a designated group of named customers. The Support Engagement Lead serves as the “main point of technical support interaction” for a customer and will act as the “technical advocate” for the customer during the entire contract period. The Support Engagement Lead works very closely with our Success team for the named group of accounts; helping to manage the technical relationship, while the CSM focuses on the strategic relationship and product adoption.
- Own and assume ultimate responsibility over your named customer’s technical needs and inquiries around platform integration, performance, and troubleshooting as well as partner implementation
- Be your customers’ main point of contact and trusted advisor at Braze for all things Technical
- Partner with Customer Success, taking a lead role to ensure excellent customer experience and internal alignment
- Working with Customer Success, provide product value which should result in feature adoption allowing your customers to hit their objectives using the Braze platform
- Drive customer advocacy by championing for the customer’s technical needs and product enhancement requests
- Work closely and get ingrained with Braze recognized partners in the customer tech stack
- Proactively analyze your customer’s existing support cases to identify trends and risks with their Braze product experience
- Work with customers to create a seamless experience by helping them to develop Centers of Excellence which allow them to benefit from knowledge sharing across their group
- Maintain ongoing regular contact with your customers via support cases, regular check-ins, kick-offs, events and Technical Business Reviews
- Work with Onboarding Managers and Customer Success Partners to seamlessly transition clients from onboarding to ongoing activity
- You will likely spend some time onsite with customers and potentially travel internationally
WHO YOU ARE
People say you’re a great communicator and top-tier problem solver! You have exemplary written and verbal communication skills with unparalleled technical skills. You leave people with the impression that you are really listening to them, understand their problem, and you’re there to help. You look for every opportunity to make things better and you’re all about the team. You get a thrill from helping customers and you know that even though the job isn’t easy, you’re making a difference each and every day. You’re naturally curious and you see every problem as an opportunity to learn more or help others (teammates or customers) learn more too.
WHAT YOU HAVE
- Bachelor’s Degree from a 4-year college or university (or similar experience-based proficiency level)
- 3-6 years of client-facing experience working in SaaS company with 2-3 years working in Technical Support and at least 1-2 years account management experience
- You have exemplary written and verbal communication skills coupled with unparalleled follow up skills. Clients have the impression that you listen and understand their problems.
- You absolutely thrive in a highly collaborative role. You’re a true team player, knowing how to work and contribute in cross-team initiatives and focuses.
- Strong analytical skills regarding technical issues
- Experience handling time-sensitive, pressure-intensive customer issues
- Strong organizational skills with an ability to manage competing client demands
- Working knowledge of Case Management tools like Salesforce, Zendesk or similar ticketing system
- Technical knowledge on how to leverage APIs and write basic-level SQL queries, bonus points for experience working in Postman and Snowflake/Snowsight
- Experience using the Braze platform
- Technical domain knowledge of one or more of the following: Mobile Development (Swift, Java, Kotlin), Kibana, Snowflake, Datadog, Email architecture and deliverability
For candidates based in the United States, the pay range for this position at the start of employment is expected to be between $80,000 and $110,000/year with an expected On Target Earnings (OTE) between $90,000 and $125,000/year (including bonus or commission). Your exact offer may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. In addition to cash compensation, Braze offers full- and part- time employees a comprehensive Total Rewards package that includes equity grants of restricted stock (RSUs) so that all Braze employees own a piece of our company.
WHAT WE OFFER
From comprehensive benefits to remote availability to flexible time off, we’ve got you covered so you can prioritize work-life harmony.
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Retirement and Employee Stock Purchase Plans
- Flexible paid time off
- Comprehensive benefit plans covering medical, dental, vision, life, and disability
- Family services that include fertility benefits and equal paid parental leave
- Global presence, dog-friendly offices, and remote availability
- Professional development supported by formal career pathing, learning platforms, and tuition reimbursement
- Community engagement opportunities throughout the year, including an annual company wide Volunteerism Week
- Employee Resource Groups that provide supportive communities within Braze
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun culture recognized as a Great Place to Work®
Details of these benefit plans will be provided if a candidate receives an offer of employment. Benefits may vary by location.
Braze (Nasdaq: BRZE) is a leading comprehensive customer engagement platform that powers interactions between consumers and brands they love. With Braze, global brands can ingest and process customer data in real time, orchestrate and optimize contextually relevant, cross-channel marketing campaigns and continuously evolve their customer engagement strategies.
Braze is proudly certified as a Great Place to Work® in the U.S., the UK and Singapore. We ranked #1 on Great Place to Work UK’s 2023 Best Workplaces (Medium), #3 on Great Place to Work UK’s 2023 Best Workplaces for Wellbeing (Medium), #19 on Fortune’s 2022 Best Workplaces in New York (Large), and #5 on Fortune’s 2022 Best Workplaces for Millennials in the US.
You’ll find many of us at headquarters in New York City or around the world in Austin, Berlin, Chicago, Jakarta, London, Paris, San Francisco, Singapore, Sydney and Tokyo – not to mention our employees in nearly 50 remote locations.