Senior Payroll Administrator
At Braze, we have found our people. We’re a genuinely approachable, exceptionally kind, and intensely passionate crew.
We seek to ignite that passion by setting high standards, championing teamwork, and creating work-life harmony as we collectively navigate rapid growth on a global scale while striving for greater equity and opportunity – inside and outside our organization.
To flourish here, you must be prepared to set a high bar for yourself and those around you. There is always a way to contribute: Acting with autonomy, having accountability and being open to new perspectives are essential to our continued success. Our deep curiosity to learn and our eagerness to share diverse passions with others gives us balance and injects a one-of-a-kind vibrancy into our culture.
If you are driven to solve exhilarating challenges and have a bias toward action in the face of change, you will be empowered to make a real impact here, with a sharp and passionate team at your back. If Braze sounds like a place where you can thrive, we can’t wait to meet you.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
The Sr. Payroll Administrator plays an important role in the Finance Department by ensuring data in the payroll system is accurate and complete. This position works alongside the International Payroll Manager to ensure that information and processes are accurate and compliant while being processed in a timely manner. You will be responsible for the day-to-day administration of the payroll processing functions and ensure that a high level of accuracy is maintained, and deadlines are met.
- Prepare and process international payroll (UK, Singapore, Germany, France and Spain, Australia).
- Analyze audit reports for accuracy prior to submitting finalized payroll files.
- Create payroll journal entries for import and/or entry into the accounting system.
- Collaborate with the Finance Team on forecasting and accounting for payroll related items.
- Ensure payroll tax compliance, including tax deposits, filings and reconciliations to the general ledger are accurate and completed in a timely manner.
- Ability to work effectively with tax agencies and payroll providers to resolve tax issues.
- Ensure that proper controls and procedures are in place, documented and followed as well as working with auditors in testing the effectiveness of the controls for SOX Compliance.
- Main point of contact for all payroll related issues and respond to time-sensitive and/or confidential issues in a timely manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
WHO YOU ARE
- 4-6 years of Payroll experience including but not limited to payroll taxes, year-end processing, legal and accounting guidelines.
- Previous experience with HRIS/Payroll software such as Workday or ADP
- Performs at a high level of accuracy and efficiency, is well organized and demonstrates ownership and initiative to accomplish goals.
- Quality focused, possess the ability to work quickly and accurately, work well under pressure and detail oriented.
- Good problem-solving skills and the ability to implement solutions.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, verbal and written.
- Bonus Points:
- Workday and Workday Payroll
- Implementation of HRIS or Payroll Systems
- Knowledge of International Payroll, taxes and regulations
WHAT WE OFFER
From comprehensive benefits to remote availability to flexible time off, we’ve got you covered so you can prioritize work-life harmony.
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Retirement and Employee Stock Purchase Plans
- Flexible paid time off
- Comprehensive benefit plans covering medical, dental, vision, life, and disability
- Family services that include fertility benefits and equal paid parental leave
- Global presence, dog-friendly offices, and remote availability
- Professional development supported by formal career pathing, learning platforms, and tuition reimbursement
- Community engagement opportunities throughout the year, including an annual company wide Volunteerism Week
- Employee Resource Groups that provide supportive communities within Braze
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun culture recognized as a Great Place to Work®
Details of these benefit plans will be provided if a candidate receives an offer of employment. Benefits may vary by location.
Braze (Nasdaq: BRZE) is a leading comprehensive customer engagement platform that powers interactions between consumers and brands they love. With Braze, global brands can ingest and process customer data in real time, orchestrate and optimize contextually relevant, cross-channel marketing campaigns and continuously evolve their customer engagement strategies.
Braze is proudly certified as a Great Place to Work® in the U.S., the UK and Singapore. We ranked #1 on Great Place to Work UK’s 2023 Best Workplaces (Medium), #3 on Great Place to Work UK’s 2023 Best Workplaces for Wellbeing (Medium), #19 on Fortune’s 2022 Best Workplaces in New York (Large), and #5 on Fortune’s 2022 Best Workplaces for Millennials in the US.
You’ll find many of us at headquarters in New York City or around the world in Austin, Berlin, Chicago, Jakarta, London, Paris, San Francisco, Singapore, Sydney and Tokyo – not to mention our employees in nearly 50 remote locations.