People Systems Technical Project Manager
At Braze, we have found our people. We’re a genuinely approachable, exceptionally kind, and intensely passionate crew.
We seek to ignite that passion by setting high standards, championing teamwork, and creating work-life harmony as we collectively navigate rapid growth on a global scale while striving for greater equity and opportunity – inside and outside our organization.
To flourish here, you must be prepared to set a high bar for yourself and those around you. There is always a way to contribute: Acting with autonomy, having accountability and being open to new perspectives are essential to our continued success. Our deep curiosity to learn and our eagerness to share diverse passions with others gives us balance and injects a one-of-a-kind vibrancy into our culture.
If you are driven to solve exhilarating challenges and have a bias toward action in the face of change, you will be empowered to make a real impact here, with a sharp and passionate team at your back. If Braze sounds like a place where you can thrive, we can’t wait to meet you.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
We're looking for an innovative, organized and collaborative Technical Project Manager to join our People Systems Team. As the Technical Project Manager, you will have the opportunity to drive transformational projects and play a pivotal role in the organization’s success. You will lead requirements gathering & project lifecycle management, and support stakeholder communication and documentation of projects that aim to automate and improve internal processes and introduce new technologies.
The ideal candidate will have significant experience managing full life cycle Workday projects and can wear many different hats while working with a wide-range of stakeholders. We’re looking for someone who can manage multiple, complex work streams and never miss a beat and will work diligently to achieve goals and think broadly about organizational change management.
- Collaborate with systems analysts to build a library of project documentation templates, including requirements workbooks, design documents, and change request forms.
- Project manage system implementations and new technology/partner integrations, gather requirements, document tasks, and communicate updates.
- Work with cross functional systems leads internally to determine project parameters, design approach and strategy to establish project plans as well as partner with external vendors and account managers.
- Partner with People Systems & Data Director to create a systems roadmap to organize and prioritize large-scale builds, new implementations and system improvements.
- Implement a prioritization scoring matrix to score incoming requests based on a variety of factors including timeline, scope, risk, urgency, and level of effort.
- Anticipate, identify, and resolve any issues or roadblocks to facilitate project success.
- Engage and collaborate with key stakeholders, including People, Payroll, Benefits, Compensation, Finance and other relevant departments, to understand their requirements, expectations, and priorities.
- Ensure effective communication and manage stakeholders' expectations throughout the project lifecycle from kick off to retrospectives.
- Have a mastery of Braze systems, specifically the People Team’s internal processes, tools and technologies revolving around Workday.
- Implement a testing tenant management strategy across multiple systems and work with system analysts to filter projects through the appropriate tenant, refreshing tenants on a consistent schedule.
- Report on progress to leadership, identify inefficiencies, and work through creative solutions with the team.
WHO YOU ARE
- An experienced executor with 5+ years managing complex internal systems projects in a rapidly growing technology company.
- Possess a deep knowledge and understanding of Workday functionality, configuration, and integration capabilities.
- Project Management professional with a demonstrated understanding of best in class project management methodologies, strategies and practices; including experience effectively using tools, like Jira and Asana.
- Experience managing projects in the People space, involving an HRIS, ATS or other human resources related technology.
- Great communicator with comfort navigating key stakeholder management across a diverse technical audience, including senior leadership and the ability to communicate technical terms and concepts in plain english.
- An independent self-starter capable of simultaneously managing multiple projects with competing priorities comfortable with a high level of responsibility.
- Must be flexible, resilient, and comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, managing multiple work streams, priorities and deadlines.
- Must possess high emotional intelligence and maturity.
For candidates based in the United States, the pay range for this position at the start of employment is expected to be between $123,000 and $154,000/year with an expected On Target Earnings (OTE) between $140,000 and $175,000/year (including bonus or commission). Your exact offer may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. In addition to cash compensation, Braze offers full- and part- time employees a comprehensive Total Rewards package that includes equity grants of restricted stock (RSUs) so that all Braze employees own a piece of our company.
WHAT WE OFFER
From comprehensive benefits to remote availability to flexible time off, we’ve got you covered so you can prioritize work-life harmony.
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Retirement and Employee Stock Purchase Plans
- Flexible paid time off
- Comprehensive benefit plans covering medical, dental, vision, life, and disability
- Family services that include fertility benefits and equal paid parental leave
- Global presence, dog-friendly offices, and remote availability
- Professional development supported by formal career pathing, learning platforms, and tuition reimbursement
- Community engagement opportunities throughout the year, including an annual company wide Volunteerism Week
- Employee Resource Groups that provide supportive communities within Braze
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun culture recognized as a Great Place to Work®
Details of these benefit plans will be provided if a candidate receives an offer of employment. Benefits may vary by location.
Braze (Nasdaq: BRZE) is a leading comprehensive customer engagement platform that powers interactions between consumers and brands they love. With Braze, global brands can ingest and process customer data in real time, orchestrate and optimize contextually relevant, cross-channel marketing campaigns and continuously evolve their customer engagement strategies.
Braze is proudly certified as a Great Place to Work® in the U.S., the UK and Singapore. We ranked #1 on Great Place to Work UK’s 2023 Best Workplaces (Medium), #3 on Great Place to Work UK’s 2023 Best Workplaces for Wellbeing (Medium), #19 on Fortune’s 2022 Best Workplaces in New York (Large), and #5 on Fortune’s 2022 Best Workplaces for Millennials in the US.
You’ll find many of us at headquarters in New York City or around the world in Austin, Berlin, Chicago, Jakarta, London, Paris, San Francisco, Singapore, Sydney and Tokyo – not to mention our employees in nearly 50 remote locations.