Senior Manager, Marketing Operations
At Braze, we have found our people. We’re a genuinely approachable, exceptionally kind, and intensely passionate crew.
We seek to ignite that passion by setting high standards, championing teamwork, and creating work-life harmony as we collectively navigate rapid growth on a global scale while striving for greater equity and opportunity – inside and outside our organization.
To flourish here, you must be prepared to set a high bar for yourself and those around you. There is always a way to contribute: Acting with autonomy, having accountability and being open to new perspectives are essential to our continued success. Our deep curiosity to learn and our eagerness to share diverse passions with others gives us balance and injects a one-of-a-kind vibrancy into our culture.
If you are driven to solve exhilarating challenges and have a bias toward action in the face of change, you will be empowered to make a real impact here, with a sharp and passionate team at your back. If Braze sounds like a place where you can thrive, we can’t wait to meet you.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
You have 6+ years of experience and a passion around driving Marketing Operations at a fast paced company. You’ll help oversee the Martech stack at Braze, optimize governance and process for campaign execution and make data driven decisions to support and improve our Marketing engine. You will manage a US based team and collaborate across the entire marketing team to build out brilliant experiences across both physical and digital properties for our prospects and customers. Working closely with regional Marketing Operations individuals, you come with strong knowledge and experience-driven perspectives on Marketo build and infrastructure and administration best practices. As a team leader, you will collaborate with your regional MarOps counterparts to iteratively monitor, improve, and adapt global systems implementations and data processes based on a Marketo/Salesforce Martech core. Reporting to the Senior Director of Marketing technology and Operations you’ll be responsible for optimizing the technology and building the data processes that fuel the marketing team. Come join and help lead an amazing global Marketing Operations team!
- Manage a US based Marketing Operations team
- Manage technical aspects of key marketing systems (marketing automation, CRM, intent data, chat, gifting platforms, personalization, etc.) used to generate, distribute, and report on leads; optimize the technology and build the data processes that fuel the marketing team.
- Create scalable and relevant training and documentation for marketing, sales, and SDRs/business development reps on existing technologies, processes and best practices.
- Help evaluate new technologies and add-on applications to improve and optimize marketing team performance as well as assist in the management of vendor renewals.
- Help drive optimizations to and oversee the lead management, scoring, routing, and nurture process.
- Optimize and standardize the Marketo database, instance setup, and processes across the Marketing organization. Ensure data hygiene and fields for segmentation in relation to prospects and leads database.
- Partner closely with Marketing, Revenue Operations (Salesforce Owners) and the Braze Product Team to ensure that both prospect and customer data hygiene between all systems is maintained.
- Help own and manage lead generation systems and processes including lead scoring, data quality, handoff SLAs, reporting on MQL/SQL, lead to opportunity conversions, etc.
- Partner with sales and work lockstep across marketing teams including channel, regional, content, product marketing, as well as sales ops, and customer ops to drive revenue.
- Monitor, measure, and improve the effectiveness of marketing initiatives to deliver the highest quality of leads to sales -- report on the pipeline with a keen understanding of lead flow and available levers to inform strategic decisions with each stakeholder.
- Maintain technology stack to optimize lifecycle marketing tactics in real-time, allowing for an automated and scientific marketing process.
- 6-8+ years Marketing or Sales operations related experience
- 3+ years experience with Marketo
- 3+ years experience with Salesforce CRM (Salesforce certification a plus)
- 3+ years of people management experience
- Understanding of Salesforce data model and prior experience with Campaign and Campaign Member objects
- Experience with implementing and using marketing automation tools, primarily Marketo
- Highly technical aptitude for understanding and leveraging marketing technology to its fullest. Experience with APIs and building internal tool integrations is a big plus.
- A self-starter with the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to juggle multiple, demanding tasks simultaneously and with accuracy
- Very detail oriented with a knack for digging into data, reports, and processes
- Knowledge of the B2B marketing demand funnel, programs, and metrics that drive revenue with experience reporting on metrics and driving optimizations.
- Knowledge of GDPR and similar data governance practices.
- Curiosity about new ways to improve our digital channels productivity, stakeholder engagement efficiency, business process improvement, and user experience ROI.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and project management skills.
- Bachelor degree required
For candidates based in the United States, the pay range for this position at the start of employment is expected to be between $129,200 and 152,000/year with an expected On Target Earnings (OTE) between $146,200 and $172,000/year (including bonus or commission). Your exact offer may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. In addition to cash compensation, Braze offers full- and part- time employees a comprehensive Total Rewards package that includes equity grants of restricted stock (RSUs) so that all Braze employees own a piece of our company.
WHAT WE OFFER
From comprehensive benefits to remote availability to flexible time off, we’ve got you covered so you can prioritize work-life harmony.
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Retirement and Employee Stock Purchase Plans
- Flexible paid time off
- Comprehensive benefit plans covering medical, dental, vision, life, and disability
- Family services that include fertility benefits and equal paid parental leave
- Global presence, dog-friendly offices, and remote availability
- Professional development supported by formal career pathing, learning platforms, and tuition reimbursement
- Community engagement opportunities throughout the year, including an annual company wide Volunteerism Week
- Employee Resource Groups that provide supportive communities within Braze
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun culture recognized as a Great Place to Work®
Details of these benefit plans will be provided if a candidate receives an offer of employment. Benefits may vary by location.
Braze (Nasdaq: BRZE) is a leading comprehensive customer engagement platform that powers interactions between consumers and brands they love. With Braze, global brands can ingest and process customer data in real time, orchestrate and optimize contextually relevant, cross-channel marketing campaigns and continuously evolve their customer engagement strategies.
Braze is proudly certified as a Great Place to Work® in the U.S., the UK and Singapore. We ranked #1 on Great Place to Work UK’s 2023 Best Workplaces (Medium), #3 on Great Place to Work UK’s 2023 Best Workplaces for Wellbeing (Medium), #19 on Fortune’s 2022 Best Workplaces in New York (Large), and #5 on Fortune’s 2022 Best Workplaces for Millennials in the US.
You’ll find many of us at headquarters in New York City or around the world in Austin, Berlin, Chicago, Jakarta, London, Paris, San Francisco, Singapore, Sydney and Tokyo – not to mention our employees in nearly 50 remote locations.