VP, Engineering, Channels
At Braze, we have found our people. We’re a genuinely approachable, exceptionally kind, and intensely passionate crew.
We seek to ignite that passion by setting high standards, championing teamwork, and creating work-life harmony as we collectively navigate rapid growth on a global scale while striving for greater equity and opportunity – inside and outside our organization.
To flourish here, you must be prepared to set a high bar for yourself and those around you. There is always a way to contribute: Acting with autonomy, having accountability and being open to new perspectives are essential to our continued success. Our deep curiosity to learn and our eagerness to share diverse passions with others gives us balance and injects a one-of-a-kind vibrancy into our culture.
If you are driven to solve exhilarating challenges and have a bias toward action in the face of change, you will be empowered to make a real impact here, with a sharp and passionate team at your back. If Braze sounds like a place where you can thrive, we can’t wait to meet you.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
We are in search of a VP of Engineering for our Channels division, the action layer of the Braze technology platform. Our channels are where the Braze platform meets the end user, where our customers create rich messaging that is delivered to their end users via our channels: Push, SMS, Email, In-App Messages, Audience Sync, Content Cards, Feature Flags, Webhooks, WhatsApp, and more to come.
You will lead this multi-team division through its next stage of technical and product transformation. This role presents formidable engineering challenges that call for a collaborative and cross-functional approach, necessitating close coordination with product and design teams. You will manage the team and help to grow the organization, leading software engineering via architecture design, growing engineering teams and skillsets, setting vision and goals, process and protocol, and hiring.
On the product front - you will solve a number of interesting problems, from developing highly differentiated and sophisticated channel products, to thinking about how we build and position the broad portfolio of channels. On the engineering front - maturation of our systems into a more modular, efficient technology platform, all while delivering best-in-class product, is a major goal.
WHO YOU ARE
- Several years of relevant experience as a manager of managers with a strong track record of transformative success
- A durable, motivated, ambitious, high-energy leader
- A great people leader, capable of growing a world class team
- A great technical leader, who can operate at different levels of granularity, from high level vision to partnering on detailed technology decisions
- A great process leader, who understands when to add and remove processes to help the org execute the best it can
- An excellent communicator and writer, whose impact and leadership is obvious in the artifacts they create to guide their team
For candidates based in the United States, the pay range for this position at the start of employment is expected to be between $275,000 and $350,000/year with an expected On Target Earnings (OTE) between $300,000 and $400,000/year (including bonus or commission). Your exact offer may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. In addition to cash compensation, Braze offers full- and part- time employees a comprehensive Total Rewards package that includes equity grants of restricted stock (RSUs) so that all Braze employees own a piece of our company.
WHAT WE OFFER
From comprehensive benefits to remote availability to flexible time off, we’ve got you covered so you can prioritize work-life harmony.
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Retirement and Employee Stock Purchase Plans
- Flexible paid time off
- Comprehensive benefit plans covering medical, dental, vision, life, and disability
- Family services that include fertility benefits and equal paid parental leave
- Global presence, dog-friendly offices, and remote availability
- Professional development supported by formal career pathing, learning platforms, and tuition reimbursement
- Community engagement opportunities throughout the year, including an annual company wide Volunteerism Week
- Employee Resource Groups that provide supportive communities within Braze
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun culture recognized as a Great Place to Work®
Details of these benefit plans will be provided if a candidate receives an offer of employment. Benefits may vary by location.
Braze (Nasdaq: BRZE) is a leading comprehensive customer engagement platform that powers interactions between consumers and brands they love. With Braze, global brands can ingest and process customer data in real time, orchestrate and optimize contextually relevant, cross-channel marketing campaigns and continuously evolve their customer engagement strategies.
Braze is proudly certified as a Great Place to Work® in the U.S., the UK and Singapore. We ranked #1 on Great Place to Work UK’s 2023 Best Workplaces (Medium), #3 on Great Place to Work UK’s 2023 Best Workplaces for Wellbeing (Medium), #19 on Fortune’s 2022 Best Workplaces in New York (Large), and #5 on Fortune’s 2022 Best Workplaces for Millennials in the US.
You’ll find many of us at headquarters in New York City or around the world in Austin, Berlin, Chicago, Jakarta, London, Paris, San Francisco, Singapore, Sydney and Tokyo – not to mention our employees in nearly 50 remote locations.