Director, Global Workplace Experience
At Braze, we have found our people. We’re a genuinely approachable, exceptionally kind, and intensely passionate crew.
We seek to ignite that passion by setting high standards, championing teamwork, and creating work-life harmony as we collectively navigate rapid growth on a global scale while striving for greater equity and opportunity – inside and outside our organization.
To flourish here, you must be prepared to set a high bar for yourself and those around you. There is always a way to contribute: Acting with autonomy, having accountability and being open to new perspectives are essential to our continued success. Our deep curiosity to learn and our eagerness to share diverse passions with others gives us balance and injects a one-of-a-kind vibrancy into our culture.
If you are driven to solve exhilarating challenges and have a bias toward action in the face of change, you will be empowered to make a real impact here, with a sharp and passionate team at your back. If Braze sounds like a place where you can thrive, we can’t wait to meet you.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
We are seeking an experienced, strategic, and relationship-driven Director of Global Workplace Experience responsible for managing the operations and environment of our global offices (Austin, Australia, Berlin, Chicago, Jakarta, London, New York, Paris, San Francisco, Singapore, & Tokyo.) This leader will oversee a team of workplace professionals, responsible for new and renewal lease agreements and expansions, day-to-day site operations, security, general services contracts, plus financial analysis, insights and budgeting. This role sits on the People Team, reporting to the Chief People Officer.
Braze is a fast-paced and rapidly growing company that is looking for a self-starter and forward thinking leader who is able to exercise good judgment, take fast and proactive initiative, influence leaders throughout the business, and think objectively about the strategy to continuously improve our employee in-office experience. You will have a consistent pulse on the needs of our employees and be comfortable changing course as global conditions and working environments evolve.
As the Director, Global Workplace Experience & Operations you will:
- Own and manage processes, tools, policies, and playbooks related to global real estate, lease administration, project management (construction and design) and facilities management
- Be a strategic partner to the business, focusing on long term planning
- Build best in class physical security practice
- Take a data-based approach to monitor and provide recommendations for optimal office space utilization as we scale including end-to-end project management of office relocations or expansions
- Oversee those who own vendor contracts, including maintenance, cleaning, catering, etc.
- Maintain a complex budget while ensuring cost-effectiveness
- Prioritize the security and wellness of our people with comprehensive safety programming
- Work with the wider People Team to coordinate internal events including office parties, company all hands, and industry meetups
- Lead with a vision for sustainability, always looking for greener and more sustainable solutions for our workspaces
- Oversee a team that manages all facilities personnel, contractors, and vendors
WHO YOU ARE
- You have extensive knowledge of workplace experience or facilities management across multiple global offices
- Experience working with building management (union building experience a plus)
- Knowledge of costs and standards regarding environmental, safety, fire, and building code standards
- People leadership experience
- Can utilize data to inform decisions
- A creative problem-solver, bringing innovative ideas and solutions to the table
- A sharp eye for detail and a sense of office pride
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to juggle multiple agendas and unexpected obstacles, and prioritize what needs your attention first.
- A strong communicator, keeping teams and stakeholders informed and up to date.
- Able to think big-picture strategically while still keeping an eye on small details
- Proactive and Self-motivated with the ability to set own priorities without supervision.
- Experienced at compiling and following strict budgets
- Familiar with Mac computer and GSuite
For candidates based in the United States, the pay range for this position at the start of employment is expected to be between $150,000.00 - $170,000.00/year with an expected On Target Earnings (OTE) between $180,000.00 - $200,000.00/year (including bonus or commission). Your exact offer may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. In addition to cash compensation, Braze offers full- and part- time employees a comprehensive Total Rewards package that includes equity grants of restricted stock (RSUs) so that all Braze employees own a piece of our company.
WHAT WE OFFER
From comprehensive benefits to remote availability to flexible time off, we’ve got you covered so you can prioritize work-life harmony.
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Retirement and Employee Stock Purchase Plans
- Flexible paid time off
- Comprehensive benefit plans covering medical, dental, vision, life, and disability
- Family services that include fertility benefits and equal paid parental leave
- Global presence, dog-friendly offices, and remote availability
- Professional development supported by formal career pathing, learning platforms, and tuition reimbursement
- Community engagement opportunities throughout the year, including an annual company wide Volunteerism Week
- Employee Resource Groups that provide supportive communities within Braze
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun culture recognized as a Great Place to Work®
Details of these benefit plans will be provided if a candidate receives an offer of employment. Benefits may vary by location.
Braze (Nasdaq: BRZE) is a leading comprehensive customer engagement platform that powers interactions between consumers and brands they love. With Braze, global brands can ingest and process customer data in real time, orchestrate and optimize contextually relevant, cross-channel marketing campaigns and continuously evolve their customer engagement strategies.
Braze is proudly certified as a Great Place to Work® in the U.S., the UK and Singapore. We ranked #1 on Great Place to Work UK’s 2023 Best Workplaces (Medium), #3 on Great Place to Work UK’s 2023 Best Workplaces for Wellbeing (Medium), #19 on Fortune’s 2022 Best Workplaces in New York (Large), and #5 on Fortune’s 2022 Best Workplaces for Millennials in the US.
You’ll find many of us at headquarters in New York City or around the world in Austin, Berlin, Chicago, Jakarta, London, Paris, San Francisco, Singapore, Sydney and Tokyo – not to mention our employees in nearly 50 remote locations.