Senior Software Engineer - Multiple Positions
Department: Product & Engineering
Reports To: Director of Engineering
Yardstik is a start-up software company with a mission of building trust and safety into the Internet Economy. The world of background screening, certification, and training has lacked innovation and we’re here to change that for our customers. Our enterprise-class technology allows us to provide a right-fit solution for our customers realistic for any platform, in any industry. Join us in our efforts to protect organizations and their people.
We are adding Senior Software Engineers to help build out our platform. You will collaborate with other engineers to implement new features for our UI (React, NodeJS), internal and external back-end APIs (Ruby on Rails, Postgres), along with various other microservices (Typescript, NestJS) that comprise the Yardstik platform using modern cloud technologies.
You’re the right candidate if you are an experienced engineer with a passion for writing quality software who strives to remain up to date with the latest frameworks and patterns and are ready and eager to hit the ground running in a collaborative environment.
This is a unique opportunity to join the company at an early stage and we are looking for someone who wants to evolve with us. We are honored to have recently been named as a Best Place to Work and have also received Minne Inno’s Fire Award in the “Growing” category. Come be part of our amazing culture and join an environment where you can see and feel the impact of your work every day.
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Multiple positions are open.
- Perform coding, debugging testing & troubleshooting
- Implementing unit, integration, and end-to-end testing
- Participate in code reviews by receiving & providing feedback
- Participate as member of the Engineering Team within an agile approach
- Support Partner & Customer Integrations
- Engineering Support of Platform & Applications with on-call rotation
What you will do in this role
- Be a part of the highly collaborative Product & Engineering team at Yardstik
- Contribute to the architecture, design, and implementation of full-stack platform needs
- As a team member, assist with day to day development and management of use cases, story writing, code review, and QA/API Documentation
- Leverage an API-first strategy, where APIs come first for both internal and public-facing use
Your experience might look something like this
- 5+ years in a Software Engineering role
- Experience with Ruby on Rails
- Experience with Redis, AMQP, Docker
- Experience with PostgreSQL
- Experience with Rest APIs
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
- Experience with authentication, encryption, and security techniques
- Expertise with React development or Node-based services development
- Strong technical documentation skills
Our technology stack and development processes include the following
- Backend & Platform
- Restful APIs, GraphQL
- AWS, k8s
- Ruby-on-Rails, Typescript, NestJS
- Postgres, Redis, RabbitMQ
- SPAs, Microservices
- React, Material Design, NodeJS
- Storybook, Figma
- Responsive Design, SPAs
- Restful APIs, GraphQL
- Log and Metrics and monitoring via DataDog
- Scrum-based agile approach with Continuous Delivery
- Modern use of tools and documentation; GitHub, Shortcut (formerly Clubhouse.io), OpenAPI 3.0, Redocly
What we Offer
- Company Health Insurance Plan
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Health Savings Account
- Liberal Vacation Policy
- Opportunity to accelerate your career
- Company stock options and the education to understand what those mean for you.
Equal Employment Opportunity. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and welcome our employee’s differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Difference makes us better. Join us.