Product Education Engineer
As a Product Education Engineer at Harness, you will become an expert in Harness products to teach others to become experts. You will be the source of truth for operational recommended practices, implementation guidance, and solution architecture.
The Harness product suite empowers individuals and companies to provision, secure, connect, and run applications in the cloud according to the modern cloud operating model. For this role you should be comfortable working with code and the command line.
This role is cross-functional between product, engineering, sales engineering, and customer success. You should be excited about taking feedback and requests from the field, coming up with creative solutions to real-world problems, and documenting and presenting those solutions for others to learn from. You should be passionate about devops, microservices, security, teaching, and education — both internally for Harness employees and externally for Harness users
About the role
- Ability to lead instructor lead training [ILT] for a variety of size customers at Harness.
- Create hands-on lab exercises and interactive experiences to help practitioners become confident with Harness products.
- Create questions and answers to further Harness Certified Experts certifications.
- Write recommended and best practice guides for using Harness products in production.
- Curate educational resources created by other Harness staff and the open source community.
- Write clear, step-by-step guides for specific use cases.
- Convert existing code samples to work on multiple cloud providers and for mixed workloads.
- Create automations helping further automate our ILT and certification offerings.
- Collaborate with other education engineers, sales engineers, product management, engineering, and solution architects to understand customer use cases and document solutions to their problems
- Genuine curiosity in learning how to learn and how to teach others to learn efficiently.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills - this will be tested during the interview process and is required to be successful.
- Previous experience with any Harness product (production experience is not required).
- 5+ years of experience in a customer-facing technical role such as technical trainer, sales engineer, technical account manager, customer success engineer, enterprise architect, software engineer, or other relevant work experience.
- Experience running command line applications and developing/deploying web services on the cloud is required.
- Experience in teaching or education. This could be as a technical evangelist, tutor, or mentor.
- Experience operating and maintaining cloud infrastructure in a production environment is strongly preferred.
- Experience with audio/video (recording, microphones, Adobe Premiere Pro, Screenflow or Camtasia) is preferred, but not required.
- Experience with graphic design or visual explanations is preferred but not required.
- Experience delivering curriculum, exams, and certifications via training partners is preferred but not required.
We are looking for someone who is based in North America and willing to travel as needed. Bonus points if you leave near one of our offices (San Francisco, Mountain View, Dallas)
What you will have at Harness
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive healthcare benefits
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid Time Off, Flexible time off and Parental Leave
- Monthly, quarterly, and annual social and team building events
- Monthly internet reimbursement
Harness in the news:
- Harness Snags $230 Series D - $3.7B Valuation
- Harness Recognized in Inc.'s Best Workplace Awards 2022
- Harness on LinkedIn: America's Great Companies to Work For -- And What You Can Learn From
- #6 - Glassdoor Best Places to Work 2021 list
- #17 on Forbes Top 50 Cloud Companies to Work For
- #47 on LinkedIn’ Top 50 Companies to Work For
- #2 on Quartz 2021 list best places to work for remote workers
- 2021 Career Launching Companies List
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.