Director, Engineering - Continuous Deployment
This is an amazing opportunity to be involved in a high-growth, high-potential startup. In this role, we are looking for an experienced, hands-on DevOps Practitioner and Engineering leader who has deep knowledge in Continuous Deployment areas K8S, Serverless, Pipeline orchestration with OPA governance rules. You will lead engineering initiatives, hire, retain and manage globally distributed teams. You will function with high autonomy and design your own paths to success.
- As the Director of Harness’s Continuous Deployment, you will be responsible for the service layers that Harness rests upon, define and maintain the core data models that Harness uses, and allow all the different parts of Harness modules to work smoothly together at scale• Reporting to the VP of CD Product & Engineering, your peers and customers will be all of the other engineering directors at Harness•You will partner with a multitude of stakeholders to understand Harness’s core service priorities across all of our modules, and will guide the design, development, and adoption of a scalable, reliable, and low-latency core service stack
- You will be able to understand the customer use cases, handle customer escalations by working closely with Product Managers.
- Background in driving incident management & remediation with external stakeholders.
- You will write external RCAs and if needed, connect directly with external customers to find mutual resolutions to production issues
- You will be responsible for building, growing, and mentoring a world-class team of engineers to help Harness reach its goal of reaching delivering value to every single developer and engineering organization in the market
- Develop, drive, and execute a long-term vision and strategy for Core Services to be leveraged by all of Harness’s modules
- Coordinate across product and engineering teams to understand and widely socialize Harness's core service priorities across all of our products
- Deliver and maintain a long-term roadmap for core service capabilities and supported/recommended interfaces for development
- Establish a strong Platform-Module interface for feature tracking and prioritization, and provide a trusted, yet opinionated voice for guiding these decisions
- Drive the identification and scoping of data access and audibility requirements across core services
- Evolve our backend tech stack using modern and internally supported options
- Lead, manage, and grow high-caliber engineering teams
- Provide mentorship and growth opportunities for team members and leaders to evolve in their roles at a company scale
- Define and support a culture of metrics-driven Quality, with efficient processes and strong, consistent transparency
- 6+ years experience of managing teams of software and DevOps Engineers and 10+ years of experience developing internet-scale software, in backend roles
- Professional experience and capability with scaled, high-rate platform services, and API design
- Track record of assembling high-functioning organization
- Strong organizational skills, the ability to prioritize tasks and keep projects on schedule
- BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience
Mountain View, CA. Hybrid work schedule, in the office 3 days / week
Harness in the news:
- Harness Snags $230 Series D - $3.7B Valuation
- Harness Recognized in Inc.'s Best Workplace Awards 2022
- Harness on LinkedIn: America's Great Companies to Work For -- And What You Can Learn From
- #6 - Glassdoor Best Places to Work 2021 list
- #17 on Forbes Top 50 Cloud Companies to Work For
- #47 on LinkedIn’ Top 50 Companies to Work For
- #2 on Quartz 2021 list best places to work for remote workers
- 2021 Career Launching Companies List
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.