IT Support Specialist II
Harness is seeking an IT Support Specialist II for their Bangalore, India location. The ideal candidate should be located within a 25-mile radius of the office with the ability to work in office Monday - Friday. In this role, as an IT Support Specialist II, you will be responsible for delivering technical assistance to internal users, managing user accounts and access, resolving IT issues, contributing to crucial IT projects, and ensuring adherence to company policies and procedures. Success in this role hinges on strong technical skills, outstanding customer service capabilities, and the capacity to work independently in a dynamic work environment.
About the role
- Provide internal users with technical support and troubleshooting for hardware, software, and network issues.
- Manage user accounts and access, including onboarding, offboarding, and access management, ensuring compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Assist with onboarding and offboarding processes, including new hire orientation and equipment procurement.
- Participate in on-call rotation for after-hours support, as required.
- Resolve IT tickets, documenting incidents, service requests, and troubleshooting steps in a timely manner; providing excellent customer service and escalating issues to senior team members or other departments as needed.
- Provide hardware and software support for desktops, laptops, conference room equipment, and other systems in the corporate IT environment.
- Create and maintain user-facing documentation, training materials, and knowledge base articles to reduce support tickets and improve user self-service capabilities.
- Collaborate with the IT team on bi-weekly sprints, completing assigned tasks in project management tools in a timely manner.
- Provide clear and concise communication for effective issue resolution.
- Participate in key IT projects and initiatives, providing technical expertise and contributing to project planning, implementation, and testing.
- Follow established procedures and protocol, and maintain documentation related to asset tracking, systems environments, and processes.
- Collaborate with other departments to provide support and guidance on upcoming initiatives as needed.
- Maintain a security-first mentality and comply with company IT security policies and procedures.
- Stay updated with the latest IT trends and technologies, and proactively contribute to process improvements and optimization.
- Perform other IT-related duties as assigned by the IT Management or other team members.
- 3+ years of experience in IT support or related roles.
- Strong technical skills in hardware, software, and network troubleshooting.
- Experience with user account management, access control, and onboarding/offboarding processes.
- Proficient in using IT ticketing systems and project management tools.
- Excellent customer service skills, with the ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical users.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize tasks, and manage time effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong documentation and organizational skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including after-hours and weekends for on-call support, as required.
- Knowledge of IT security best practices and compliance requirements is a plus, but not required.
- Prior experience with Okta, Jamf, Meraki, Google Workspace, Slack, Asset Panda, Manage Engine Endpoint Central, Carbon Black, Mimecast, FreshService, and LastPass is preferred but not required.
What you will have at Harness
- End-to-end ownership of your projects
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive healthcare benefit
- Paid Time Off and Parental Leave
- Monthly, quarterly, and annual social and team-building events
- TGIF-Off program
- Recharge & Reset Program
- Monthly internet reimbursement
Harness in the news:
- Harness Snags $230 Series D - $3.7B Valuation
- Harness Recognized in Inc.'s Best Workplace Awards 2022
- Harness on LinkedIn: America's Great Companies to Work For -- And What You Can Learn From
- #6 - Glassdoor Best Places to Work 2021 list
- #17 on Forbes Top 50 Cloud Companies to Work For
- #47 on LinkedIn’ Top 50 Companies to Work For
- #2 on Quartz 2021 list best places to work for remote workers
- 2021 Career Launching Companies List
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.