Staff Software Engineer - UI
Software Engineering, Design
Mountain View, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, September 13, 2023
Harness is a high-growth startup that is disrupting the software delivery market. Our mission is to enable the 30 million software developers in the world to deliver code to their users reliably, efficiently, securely and quickly, increasing customers’ pace of innovation while improving the developer experience. We offer solutions for every step of the software delivery lifecycle to build, test, secure, deploy and manage reliability, feature flags and cloud costs. The Harness Software Delivery Platform includes modules for CI, CD, Cloud Cost Management, Feature Flags, Service Reliability Management, Security Testing Orchestration, Chaos Engineering, and continues to expand at an incredibly fast pace.
Harness is led by technologist and entrepreneur Jyoti Bansal, who founded AppDynamics and sold it to Cisco for $3.7B. We’re backed with $425M in venture financing from top-tier VC and strategic firms, including J.P. Morgan, Capital One Ventures, Citi Ventures, ServiceNow, Splunk Ventures, Norwest Venture Partners, Adage Capital Partners, Balyasny Asset Management, Gaingels, Harmonic Growth Partners, Menlo Ventures, IVP, Unusual Ventures, GV (formerly Google Ventures), Alkeon Capital, Battery Ventures, Sorenson Capital, Thomvest Ventures and Silicon Valley Bank.
Harness is an engineering and innovation first company. Our teams take pride in solving complex, computer science problems to empower Software and DevOps professionals.
The Harness Software Engineering insights team is a highly talented engineering team and we provide key business insights to Engineering Leaders. This is an amazing opportunity to be a Staff level Front-end Engineer in a high-growth, high-potential startup. In this role, you will play a pivotal role in architecting, designing, developing and delivering high quality front-end applications using ReactJS, HTML and CSS, that have a direct impact on the company’s product’s user experience.
Your role at Harness
- Lead the design and development of user-friendly and responsive user interfaces for the product.using ReactJS, CSS and HTML .
- Collaborate with cross functional teams that comprises UX designers, Product Managers, backend engineers, Devops and Customer Success to create and ship elegant and high quality web applications.
- Contribute to integration of micro frontends to ensure modularity and scalability in the front end architecture.
- Participate and contribute in key discussions related to user experience and end to end functional design of features.
- Quickly understand and be able to diagnose/troubleshoot complex systems/code and own key pieces of the system.
- Participate in peer reviews of specifications, design and code.
- Mentor junior engineers and drive best practices in front-end development.
- Own E2E from design, development to deployment of code using Docker and CI CD processes.
- Drive improvements in overall development processes, quality, identify key technical gaps and work closely with engineering leadership to prioritize and address.
- Stay updated with latest industry trends and emerging technologies to continuously improve our front end solutions.
- Proven experience as a Front end Engineer, with Strong portfolio of work using ReactJS, Typescript, HTML, CSS.
- Experience with responsive design and deep understanding of object-oriented design.
- Experience with performance debugging, front end caching and benchmarking.
- Good problem solving and debugging skills.
- Experience with building intuitive UI for analytics products will be a perfect fit.
- Experience with building Micro-frontends and relevant patterns is a huge plus.
- Experience in Redux Saga for state management, Node.js is a plus.
- Familiarity with Docker and CI/CD processes is a huge plus.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, priding yourself on getting things done with a high level of quality
- Strong desire to work in an unstructured, fast moving startup environment
- Formal Computer Science education required
What you will have at Harness
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive healthcare benefits
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid Time Off and Parental Leave
- Monthly, quarterly, and annual social and team-building events
- TGIF-Off program
- Monthly internet reimbursement
- Recharge & Reset Program
- Commuter benefits
Harness in the News
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.