Staff UX Designer
Mountain View, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, August 26, 2023
Harness is a high-growth company that is disrupting the software delivery market. Our mission is to enable the 30 million software developers in the world to deliver code to their users reliably, efficiently, securely and quickly, increasing customers’ pace of innovation while improving the developer experience. We offer solutions for every step of the software delivery lifecycle to build, test, secure, deploy and manage reliability, feature flags and cloud costs. The Harness Software Delivery Platform includes modules for CI, CD, Cloud Cost Management, Feature Flags, Service Reliability Management, Security Testing Orchestration, Chaos Engineering, Software Engineering Insights, and continues to expand at an incredibly fast pace.
Harness is led by technologist and entrepreneur Jyoti Bansal, who founded AppDynamics and sold it to Cisco for $3.7B. We’re backed with $425M in venture financing from top-tier VC and strategic firms, including J.P. Morgan, Capital One Ventures, Citi Ventures, ServiceNow, Splunk Ventures, Norwest Venture Partners, Adage Capital Partners, Balyasny Asset Management, Gaingels, Harmonic Growth Partners, Menlo Ventures, IVP, Unusual Ventures, GV (formerly Google Ventures), Alkeon Capital, Battery Ventures, Sorenson Capital, Thomvest Ventures and Silicon Valley Bank.
You will help define the future of Harness product experiences. You can envision the complex UX landscape of CI/CD and can craft an unrivaled experience for our customers while you inspire teams around you to reach higher standards. You are opinionated - your instincts sharpened by your years of designing for complex domains, and you ship world-class products. And yet you remain curious, you learn from customers, experts around you and you pursue excellence in product design.
In this role, you will apply your skills in design and negotiations to guide research, design processes and go from idea to product design specifications. You’ll collaborate with other members on the UX team, Product Management, Engineering and Customer Success teams. You will conduct customer research, evaluate the usability of existing products in the CI/CD ecosystem to better define simpler solutions. Our team is growing, and you will find yourself wearing multiple hats - designer, researcher, product manager and evangelist. And your role doesn’t end with product design, you get to own the outcome following up with customers post launch; you’ll measure impact and continuously improve the quality of Harness as experienced by customers.
- Own and drive design problems from the ideation to the execution
- Manage your own priorities, influence roadmaps, facilitate user research, and guide cross functional team agreement and consensus
- Demonstrate success as defined by a team sentiment, provide inspiring design, with the cohesiveness of the user experience, impact, ease of use, and beauty of the final product
- Serve as a bridge connecting design, product, engineering, and marketing teams
- Show deep empathy - for both the customer and your team’s goals
We seek someone who has shipped world class products in the enterprise space - who has seen the product through multiple releases and managed to bring about remarkable improvements through the product lifecycle.
- An online portfolio demonstrating excellence in thought and executionAn online portfolio demonstrating excellence in thought and execution
- 7+ years of experience including 1+ years working in an enterprise environment; or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background.
- Familiarity with enterprise and/or cloud products(e.g. AWS, Azure and GCP), CI/CD tooling
- Initiative, self-sufficiency with can-do attitude, and the desire to co-lead multiple projects and initiatives in a fast-paced environment, when strategy and requirements evolve
- Keen ability to grasp complexity quickly and to focus on key issues
- Ability to think long- and short-term to meet the constraints of the product requests while iterating toward a future vision
- Commitment to exquisite craftsmanship
- Enthusiasm and positive energy (bring it!)
- You are expected to come into the Mountain View, CA office at least 3 days a week
What you will have at Harness
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive healthcare benefits
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid Time Off and Parental Leave
- Monthly, quarterly, and annual social and team-building events
- TGIF-Off program
- Recharge & Reset Program
- Monthly internet reimbursement
- Commuter benefits
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.