Territory Development Representative (Onsite in Dallas)
Dallas, TX, USA
Posted on Friday, August 18, 2023
Harness is a high-growth startup that is disrupting the software delivery market. Our mission is to enable the 30 million software developers in the world to deliver code to their users reliably, efficiently, securely and quickly, increasing customers’ pace of innovation while improving the developer experience. We offer solutions for every step of the software delivery lifecycle to build, test, secure, deploy and manage reliability, feature flags and cloud costs. The Harness Software Delivery Platform includes modules for CI, CD, Cloud Cost Management, Feature Flags, Service Reliability Management, Security Testing Orchestration, Chaos Engineering, and continues to expand at an incredibly fast pace.
Harness is led by technologist and entrepreneur Jyoti Bansal, who founded AppDynamics and sold it to Cisco for $3.7B. We’re backed with $425M in venture financing from top-tier VC and strategic firms, including J.P. Morgan, Capital One Ventures, Citi Ventures, ServiceNow, Splunk Ventures, Norwest Venture Partners, Adage Capital Partners, Balyasny Asset Management, Gaingels, Harmonic Growth Partners, Menlo Ventures, IVP, Unusual Ventures, GV (formerly Google Ventures), Alkeon Capital, Battery Ventures, Sorenson Capital, Thomvest Ventures and Silicon Valley Bank.
Harness is looking for an incredible, motivated, and basically brilliant Territory Development Representative (TDR) to add to its growing sales and marketing organization. It’s the perfect job for someone early in their career who wants to break into the fast-growing enterprise software industry and pursue a dynamic career. It’s not for the timid, but if you have the right DNA, you can find extraordinary success here.
You have a background that demonstrates your success in being competitive, smart, and goal-oriented. You are fascinated by technology (even tech that you don’t use yourself). In this role, you will be responsible for generating new opportunities, handling inbound sales inquiries, following up on marketing campaigns and collaborating with our sales team to build our pipeline. This is an opportunity to make an immediate impact and be rewarded accordingly; we offer a highly competitive salary plus bonuses.
- Collaborate with your assigned sales reps to penetrate targeted accounts, including both expanding existing and net new through inbound leads and outbound prospecting
- Prospect into targeted accounts within your territory and work all leads to qualify for your Enterprise Sales counterpart
- Use all tools at your disposal to get in touch with prospects - Email, call, LinkedIn Mail, and direct mail (get creative!) to meet and exceed pipeline goals
- Manage inbound inquiries and lead management as well as outbound in order to fill the pipeline with well-qualified sales opportunities.
- Conduct high-level conversations with mid and senior-level executives in the testing space, explaining the value proposition of the Harness Platform
- Work with an incredible team dynamic to learn and teach each other
- Demonstrable experience and proficiency in high-pressure, competitive situations
- Willingness to try new concepts and open to coaching
- Passion for technology
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, startup team environment; you're a meticulous, innovative, creative thinker, never satisfied with the status quo
- You have outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal; you have a track record of giving successful presentations.
- Experience using Salesforce, Google Apps, and prospecting tools is a plus.
- Four-year university/college degree
- Located in Dallas
WHAT YOU WILL HAVE AT HARNESS
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive healthcare benefits
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid Time Off and Parental Leave
- Monthly, quarterly, and annual social and team-building events
- TGIF-Off program
- Recharge & Reset Program
- Monthly internet & cell phone reimbursement
- Commuter benefits
HARNESS IN THE NEWS
- Harness Snags $230 Series D - $3.7B Valuation
- Harness Recognized in Inc.'s Best Workplace Awards 2022
- Harness on LinkedIn: America's Great Companies to Work For -- And What You Can Learn From
- #6 - Glassdoor Best Places to Work 2021 list
- #17 on Forbes Top 50 Cloud Companies to Work For
- #47 on LinkedIn’ Top 50 Companies to Work For
- #2 on Quartz 2021 list best places to work for remote workers
- 2021 Career Launching Companies List
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.