Senior Compensation Analyst
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, July 13, 2023
Harness is a high-growth company that is disrupting the software delivery market. Our mission is to enable the 30 million software developers in the world to deliver code to their users reliably, efficiently, securely and quickly, increasing customers’ pace of innovation while improving the developer experience. We offer solutions for every step of the software delivery lifecycle to build, test, secure, deploy and manage reliability, feature flags and cloud costs. The Harness Software Delivery Platform includes modules for CI, CD, Cloud Cost Management, Feature Flags, Service Reliability Management, Security Testing Orchestration, Chaos Engineering, and continues to expand at an incredibly fast pace.
Harness is led by technologist and entrepreneur Jyoti Bansal, who founded AppDynamics and sold it to Cisco for $3.7B. We’re backed with $425M in venture financing from top-tier VC and strategic firms, including J.P. Morgan, Capital One Ventures, Citi Ventures, ServiceNow, Splunk Ventures, Norwest Venture Partners, Adage Capital Partners, Balyasny Asset Management, Gaingels, Harmonic Growth Partners, Menlo Ventures, IVP, Unusual Ventures, GV (formerly Google Ventures), Alkeon Capital, Battery Ventures, Sorenson Capital, Thomvest Ventures and Silicon Valley Bank.
The Compensation Analyst is responsible for conducting research, analyzing data, and developing compensation programs and strategies within an organization. They play a crucial role in ensuring fair and competitive compensation practices to attract, retain, and motivate employees. The Compensation Analyst collaborates with HR and management to update compensation structures and policies that align with the organization's goals and industry benchmarks.
- Compensation Analysis: Conduct market research and benchmarking to gather data on compensation trends, practices, and competitive pay rates for various job positions. Analyze and interpret data to evaluate the organization's compensation competitiveness and make recommendations for salary structures adjustments.
- Compensation Program Design: Collaborate with HR and management to design and develop compensation programs, including base pay, variable pay, incentive plans, and benefits. Ensure that compensation programs are aligned with the organization's overall strategy, market competitiveness, and legal requirements.
- Salary Administration: Manage the administration of salary structures, salary ranges, and pay grades. Develop and maintain salary administration guidelines and policies, including procedures for job offers, promotions, performance-based increases, and adjustments. Ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and internal policies.
- Compensation Planning: Assist in the annual compensation planning process, including budgeting, forecasting, and analyzing the impact of proposed salary changes and adjustments. Collaborate with HR and management to determine merit increases, promotions, and incentive payouts based on performance evaluations and business goals.
- Compensation Communication: Develop and deliver communication materials to educate employees on the organization's compensation philosophy, programs, and policies. Prepare compensation-related reports and presentations for HR, management, and executives to provide insights and recommendations on compensation practices.
- Data Analysis and Reporting: Collect, analyze, and interpret compensation data to identify trends, patterns, and insights. Prepare regular reports and metrics on compensation-related matters, including market analysis, internal equity, and pay equity. Provide data-driven recommendations to improve compensation practices and address any disparities.
- Compliance and Legal Considerations: Stay updated on relevant labor laws, regulations, and industry standards related to compensation and benefits. Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local laws, including Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), Equal Pay Act, and pay equity requirements.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Finance, or a related field. Advanced degrees and relevant certifications (e.g., Certified Compensation Professional - CCP) are a plus.
- Proven experience as a Compensation Analyst or similar role, with a solid understanding of compensation principles, strategies, and practices.
- Strong knowledge of compensation surveys, benchmarking methodologies, and market analysis.
- Familiarity with compensation software and tools for data analysis and modeling.
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills, with the ability to collect, interpret, and present compensation data and insights.
- Strong understanding of applicable labor laws, regulations, and compliance requirements related to compensation.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy, with the ability to manage complex data sets and calculations.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate with HR, management, and employees at all levels.
- Proficiency in spreadsheet software (e.g., Microsoft Excel, Google Sheets) and compensation management systems.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion and maintain high ethical standards.
WHAT YOU WILL HAVE AT HARNESS
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive healthcare benefits
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid Time Off and Parental Leave
- Monthly, quarterly, and annual social and team-building events
- TGIF-Off program
- Recharge & Reset Program
- Monthly internet & cell phone reimbursement
- Commuter benefits
HARNESS IN THE NEWS
- Harness Snags $230 Series D - $3.7B Valuation
- Harness Recognized in Inc.'s Best Workplace Awards 2022
- Harness on LinkedIn: America's Great Companies to Work For -- And What You Can Learn From
- #6 - Glassdoor Best Places to Work 2021 list
- #17 on Forbes Top 50 Cloud Companies to Work For
- #47 on LinkedIn’ Top 50 Companies to Work For
- #2 on Quartz 2021 list best places to work for remote workers
- 2021 Career Launching Companies List
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.