Senior Technical Writer
Marketing & Communications, IT
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Posted on Monday, June 12, 2023
Harness is a high-growth startup that is disrupting the software delivery market. Our mission is to enable the 30 million software developers in the world to deliver code to their users reliably, efficiently, securely and quickly, increasing customers’ pace of innovation while improving the developer experience. We offer solutions for every step of the software delivery lifecycle to build, test, secure, deploy and manage reliability, feature flags and cloud costs. The Harness Software Delivery Platform includes modules for CI, CD, Cloud Cost Management, Feature Flags, Service Reliability Management, Security Testing Orchestration, Chaos Engineering, and continues to expand at an incredibly fast pace.
Harness is led by technologist and entrepreneur Jyoti Bansal, who founded AppDynamics and sold it to Cisco for $3.7B. We’re backed with $425M in venture financing from top-tier VC and strategic firms, including J.P. Morgan, Capital One Ventures, Citi Ventures, ServiceNow, Splunk Ventures, Norwest Venture Partners, Adage Capital Partners, Balyasny Asset Management, Gaingels, Harmonic Growth Partners, Menlo Ventures, IVP, Unusual Ventures, GV (formerly Google Ventures), Alkeon Capital, Battery Ventures, Sorenson Capital, Thomvest Ventures and Silicon Valley Bank.
We are looking for a technical writer who can create and manage high-quality content targeted at developers, DevOps practitioners, and management. Content topics range from quick start guides, tutorials, how-tos, technical reference (API), concepts, release notes, and videos.
- Create, edit, and manage content for Harness products.
- As part of the Product team, you will work closely with product managers, engineers, sales engineers, Marketing, and Customer Success to document new features and improve existing content.
- Plan documentation for new releases with product managers.
- Contribute to self-service user onboarding aids such as wizards, in-app content, and videos.
- 5+ years as a technical writer for a technical, software solution.
- Knowledge of DevOps principles, processes, and tools.
- Experience in a collaborative docs-as-code environment involving Markdown content and GitHub.
- Interested in the open source community.
- Stellar written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment based on the needs of internal teams and customers.
- Track record of building and maintaining strong working relationships with Product managers, R&D, and customer-facing teams.
WHAT YOU WILL HAVE AT HARNESS
- End-to-end ownership of your projects
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive healthcare benefit
- Paid Time Off and Parental Leave
- Monthly, quarterly, and annual social and team-building events
- TGIF-Off program
- Monthly internet reimbursement
HARNESS IN THE NEWS
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin. Local candidates only please.