Site Reliability Engineer
Dallas, TX, USA
Posted on Wednesday, February 15, 2023
Harness is a high-growth startup that is disrupting the software delivery market. Our mission is to enable the 30 million software developers in the world to deliver code to their users reliably, efficiently, securely and quickly, increasing customers’ pace of innovation while improving the developer experience. We offer solutions for every step of the software delivery lifecycle to build, test, secure, deploy and manage reliability, feature flags and cloud costs. The Harness Software Delivery Platform includes modules for CI, CD, Cloud Cost Management, Feature Flags, Service Reliability Management, Security Testing Orchestration, Chaos Engineering, Software Engineering Insights, and continues to expand at an incredibly fast pace.
Harness is led by technologist and entrepreneur Jyoti Bansal, who founded AppDynamics and sold it to Cisco for $3.7B. We’re backed with $425M in venture financing from top-tier VC and strategic firms, including J.P. Morgan, Capital One Ventures, Citi Ventures, ServiceNow, Splunk Ventures, Norwest Venture Partners, Adage Capital Partners, Balyasny Asset Management, Gaingels, Harmonic Growth Partners, Menlo Ventures, IVP, Unusual Ventures, GV (formerly Google Ventures), Alkeon Capital, Battery Ventures, Sorenson Capital, Thomvest Ventures and Silicon Valley Bank.
This is an amazing opportunity to be an SRE in a high-growth, high-potential startup and to help define the SRE practice globally. The primary focus of this role will be on operational readiness and with the goal of providing 24x7x365 coverage. You will influence product and operational direction across the organization. Join Harness today!
- You will become a SME on Harness products, influence product decisions, and collaborate with engineering on the observability, monitoring & stability of the microservices
- Own the incident management process, drive troubleshooting and root cause analysis during Production Incidents
- Ensure efficient and scalable deployments to production servers using automation scripts and other deployment tools
- Documenting findings and recommendations for improving, maintaining, and enhancing deployment scripts, tools, and methodologies
- Continuously iterate and improve upon the metrics, dashboards, and logging for the individual microservices
- Bachelor's degree in CSE, EE, CSM, or related technical discipline
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in an SRE role
- Advanced experience in shell or python scripting
- Experience with AWS or GCP
- Working knowledge of Kubernetes and HELM.
- Database experience either in PostgreSQL or MongoDB
- Experience with environment monitoring in 24/7 web application environments
What You Will Have at Harness
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive healthcare benefits
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid Time Off and Parental Leave
- Monthly, quarterly, and annual social and team building events
- TGIF-Off program
- Remote office stipend
- Monthly internet reimbursement
- Monthly Food & Beverage Reimbursement Program
Harness in the News
- Harness Snags $230 Series D - $3.7B Evaluation
- Harness Recognized in Inc.'s Best Workplace Awards 2022
- Harness on LinkedIn: America's Great Companies to Work For -- And What You Can Learn From
- #6 - Glassdoor Best Places to Work 2021 list
- #17 on Forbes Top 50 Cloud Companies to Work For
- #47 on LinkedIn’ Top 50 Companies to Work For
- #2 on Quartz 2021 list best places to work for remote workers
- 2021 Career Launching Companies List
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
See more open positions at Harness
Something looks off?