Senior Software Engineer
Bugcrowd is the world’s #1 crowdsourced security company. Our award-winning platform combines actionable, contextual intelligence with the skill and experience of the world’s most elite hackers to help leading organizations solve security challenges, protect customers, and make the digitally connected world a safer place.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our growing Engineering team. You’d join a highly technical group who are well versed in building enterprise-ready and highly secure software systems.
What you’ll be doing
- Building a platform that connects hackers around the world with companies to help all of us be more secure.
- Helping us level up our platform to a more fleshed-out service-oriented architecture. We’re looking for engineers who can help us create consistent patterns across services, define their boundaries, and provide rigorous guarantees about inter-service interfaces, performance and messaging
- In addition to our external users, you’ll be working on improving our platform for our amazing internal teams, such as the Application Security Engineers who review and test incoming vulnerabilities.
- Mentoring Junior and Mid-level Engineers to build the next generation of platform engineering experts
- Working with our designers on our design system which strives for high accessibility and standards compliance: https://bugcrowd.design/
*Please note we are only currently considering AUS-based candidates
What you should know
These represent what we are currently using, we'd prefer you have direct experience but would definitely consider equivalents.
- Ruby on Rails or Kotlin
- Service-Oriented Architectures and Message Bus systems (particularly Kafka)
- Various AWS services
- System Architecture Design and particularly Domain-Driven Design and Context Modelling
Skills that are nice to have
- Containers: Docker, Kubernetes
- Secure development best practices (OWASP, etc.)
- Knowledge of networking concepts (DNS, SSL, load balancing).
- Deep understanding of performance issues in web applications.
- Understanding of usability and accessibility.
- We regularly hear from both customers and researchers that Bugcrowd feels like a family, and we strive to maintain that internally as well.
- Our team consists of a broad range of people: musicians, adventure sports junkies, nature lovers, parents, cereal enthusiasts, night owls, cyclists, artists—you get the point.
- We use an agile development methodology, but we’re not dogmatic about it. It’s meant to empower, not impose.
- We come from all over though: there are 24 different flags currently hanging in the office representing our countries of origin.
The company is authorized to obtain background checks for employment purposes under state and federal law. Background checks will be conducted for positions that involve access to confidential or proprietary information (including trade secrets).
Background checks may include identity verification, prior employment verification, personal and professional references, educational verification, and criminal history. Applicants with conviction histories will not be excluded from consideration to the extent required by law.
A supportive, collaborative group of people who understand that success depends on the team.
Bugcrowd is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
Something looks off?