Legal Operations Specialist
At Braze, we have found our people. We’re a genuinely approachable, exceptionally kind, and intensely passionate crew.
We seek to ignite that passion by setting high standards, championing teamwork, and creating work-life harmony as we collectively navigate rapid growth on a global scale while striving for greater equity and opportunity – inside and outside our organization.
To flourish here, you must be prepared to set a high bar for yourself and those around you. There is always a way to contribute: Acting with autonomy, having accountability and being open to new perspectives are essential to our continued success. Our deep curiosity to learn and our eagerness to share diverse passions with others gives us balance and injects a one-of-a-kind vibrancy into our culture.
If you are driven to solve exhilarating challenges and have a bias toward action in the face of change, you will be empowered to make a real impact here, with a sharp and passionate team at your back. If Braze sounds like a place where you can thrive, we can’t wait to meet you.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
As a Legal Operations Specialist, you will play a pivotal role in supporting the overall efficiency and effectiveness of our legal department. You will work closely with our legal team and cross-functional teams to streamline operations, manage resources and projects, and maintain compliance.
The ideal candidate will be tech-savvy with experience in data management, contract management, project management, reporting and building automations within the various tools used by the team, and interested in exploring AI solutions to enhance our legal processes.
While based in New York, the scope of the role will require interacting with teams in all our offices globally.
This is a great opportunity to join a leading technology company that is growing quickly and scaling wisely. We’re looking for an enthusiastic individual, team-player and quick thinker who will care deeply about the employee experience and is able to enjoy and contribute to fostering a positive work culture.
- Contract Management: Implement and optimize contract management processes, including tracking, alerts, and automation of contract-related tasks.
- Data Management: Manage and organize a large volume of data related to legal matters, ensuring accuracy, completeness, and accessibility.
- Reporting: Develop and maintain customized reports and dashboards to provide valuable insights to the legal team, helping them make informed decisions.
- Salesforce Administration: Customize, configure, and maintain data on the Salesforce platform to meet the specific needs of our Legal Team, ensuring data integrity and compliance.
- Legal Operations: Collaborate with the privacy team and the legal team to manage and create new processes and to identify and implement improvements and automations to streamline legal operations.
- Project Management: owning and driving legal projects from drafting a project plan, executing the plan to successful completion, while updating the team on progression throughout the project.
- AI Integration: Explore opportunities to integrate AI solutions into legal operations, such as contract analysis and document automation.
- Training: Provide training and support to legal team members and other teams with regards to legal processes and use of tools that can enhance their productivity.
- Invoice management: support the Legal team with Legal invoice issues.
WHO YOU ARE
- Law degree and/or experience working in the legal industry or supporting legal teams.
- Strong background in managing data, reporting, document management and tracking tools.
- Experience using software tools (ideally Salesforce and Jira), setting up processes, workflow and creating technical requirements for admins to implement in these systems
- Strong attention to detail, commitment to data accuracy and ability to work with sensitive and confidential information.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
- Experience in the SaaS industry
- A good understanding of SaaS contracts’ content.
- Understanding of data protection and privacy concepts
- Interest in AI and a willingness to explore AI applications in legal operations.
For candidates based in the United States, the pay range for this position at the start of employment is expected to be between $65,000 and $85,000/year with an expected On Target Earnings (OTE) between $75,000 and $95,000/year (including bonus or commission). Your exact offer may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. In addition to cash compensation, Braze offers full- and part- time employees a comprehensive Total Rewards package that includes equity grants of restricted stock (RSUs) so that all Braze employees own a piece of our company.
WHAT WE OFFER
Details of these benefits plan will be provided if a candidate receives an offer of employment. Benefits may vary by location.
From offering comprehensive benefits to fostering flexible environments, we’ve got you covered so you can prioritize work-life harmony.
- Competitive compensation that may include equity
- Retirement and Employee Stock Purchase Plans
- Flexible paid time off
- Comprehensive benefit plans covering medical, dental, vision, life, and disability
- Family services that include fertility benefits and equal paid parental leave
- Professional development supported by formal career pathing, learning platforms, and tuition reimbursement
- Community engagement opportunities throughout the year, including an annual company wide Volunteer Week
- Employee Resource Groups that provide supportive communities within Braze
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun culture recognized as a Great Place to Work®
Braze is a leading customer engagement platform that powers lasting connections between consumers and brands they love. Braze allows any marketer to collect and take action on any amount of data from any source, so they can creatively engage with customers in real time, across channels from one platform. From cross-channel messaging and journey orchestration to Al-powered experimentation and optimization, Braze enables companies to build and maintain absolutely engaging relationships with their customers that foster growth and loyalty.
Braze is proudly certified as a Great Place to Work® in the U.S., the UK and Singapore. We ranked #1 on Great Place to Work UK’s 2023 Best Workplaces (Medium), #3 on Great Place to Work UK’s 2023 Best Workplaces for Wellbeing (Medium), #4 on Great Place to Work’s 2023 Best Workplaces in Europe (Medium), #10 on Great Place to Work UK’s 2023 Best Workplaces for Women (Large), #19 on Fortune’s 2023 Best Workplaces in New York (Large). We were also featured in Built In's 2024 Best Places to Work, U.S. News Best Technology Companies to Work For, and Great Place to Work UK’s 2023 Best Workplaces in Tech.
You’ll find many of us at headquarters in New York City or around the world in Austin, Berlin, Chicago, Jakarta, London, Paris, San Francisco, Singapore, Sydney and Tokyo – not to mention our employees in nearly 50 remote locations.