Manager, Customer Success
At Braze, we have found our people. We’re a genuinely approachable, exceptionally kind, and intensely passionate crew.
We seek to ignite that passion by setting high standards, championing teamwork, and creating work-life harmony as we collectively navigate rapid growth on a global scale while striving for greater equity and opportunity – inside and outside our organization.
To flourish here, you must be prepared to set a high bar for yourself and those around you. There is always a way to contribute: Acting with autonomy, having accountability and being open to new perspectives are essential to our continued success. Our deep curiosity to learn and our eagerness to share diverse passions with others gives us balance and injects a one-of-a-kind vibrancy into our culture.
If you are driven to solve exhilarating challenges and have a bias toward action in the face of change, you will be empowered to make a real impact here, with a sharp and passionate team at your back. If Braze sounds like a place where you can thrive, we can’t wait to meet you.
As a Manager in the Braze Customer Success Team you will be a player/coach managing a team of CSMs alongside handling your own smaller book of direct customers. You will be responsible for your team’s development and its total book of business.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Be a player/coach, managing a Customer Success pod, including hiring, nurturing staff development, and maintaining staff satisfaction
- Be responsible for your team achieving their KPIs against platform adoption, customer renewal, customer expansion and advocacy
- Partner with Account Executives and Sales Leadership, taking a lead role to ensure excellent customer experience and commercial alignment
- Guide and support your team in managing their clients throughout their lifecycle
- Ensure users are empowered to use Braze’s platform and powerful features as independently and efficiently as possible, including integration and technical aspects
- Work with your team to understand each customer's evolving business and technical goals for using Braze and continuously demonstrate value
- Build credible relationships throughout customer organizations, from senior staff to Braze end users.
- Monitor your team’s book of business to identify risks and opportunities, taking action or escalating as appropriate
- Advocate customer business use-cases to product development
- Be a point of escalation for clients in your team’s portfolio
- Own a small book of direct customers
- Work closely with internal stakeholders at Braze to design and develop efficient processes and working practices
Please note this job description cannot possibly cover every duty you may need to undertake, you may be asked by your line manager to handle other reasonable responsibilities commensurate with the role.
WHO YOU ARE
You are a Customer Success (or related) professional, as an aspiring leader, you inspire team members to grow, develop, and achieve their KPIs. You enjoy building relationships with customers, including as a peer to more senior stakeholders.
- You build strong positive relationships with clients and colleagues.
- You have exemplary written and verbal communication skills coupled with unparalleled follow up skills.
- You are known for being a team player.
- You have a high level of intellectual curiosity.
- You see opportunity and growth in learning more and continuously improving processes, yourself and your team.
- You have significant project management experience and/or formal certifications (PMP, PMgP, Agile, Prince2 etc).
- You have technical domain knowledge of two or more of the following: SaaS, Mobile, APIs, Marketing Automation, Direct Marketing, Analytics or Programming (HTML etc).
- 3+ years relevant experience in a related area for example, Customer Success, Consultancy, Account Management or Mobile Marketing
- 2+ years experience managing or mentoring staff
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation that may include equity
- Retirement and Employee Stock Purchase Plans
- Flexible paid time off
- Comprehensive benefit plans covering medical, dental, vision, life, and disability
- Family services that include fertility benefits and equal paid parental leave
- Professional development supported by formal career pathing, learning platforms, and tuition reimbursement
- Community engagement opportunities throughout the year, including an annual company wide Volunteerism Week
- Employee Resource Groups that provide supportive communities within Braze
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun culture recognized as a Great Place to Work®
Details of these benefit plans will be provided if a candidate receives an offer of employment. Benefits may vary by location.
Braze (Nasdaq: BRZE) is a leading comprehensive customer engagement platform that powers interactions between consumers and brands they love. With Braze, global brands can ingest and process customer data in real time, orchestrate and optimize contextually relevant, cross-channel marketing campaigns and continuously evolve their customer engagement strategies.
Braze is proudly certified as a Great Place to Work® in the U.S., the UK and Singapore. We ranked #1 on Great Place to Work UK’s 2023 Best Workplaces (Medium), #3 on Great Place to Work UK’s 2023 Best Workplaces for Wellbeing (Medium), #4 on Great Place to Work’s 2023 Best Workplaces in Europe (Medium), #5 on Fortune’s 2022 Best Workplaces for Millennials in the US, #10 on Great Place to Work UK’s 2023 Best Workplaces for Women (Large), #19 on Fortune’s 2023 Best Workplaces in New York (Large), and were named as a Top Achiever on Great Place to Work UK’s 2023 Best Workplaces in Tech.
You’ll find many of us at headquarters in New York City or around the world in Austin, Berlin, Chicago, Jakarta, London, Paris, San Francisco, Singapore, Sydney and Tokyo – not to mention our employees in nearly 50 remote locations.