At Braze, we have found our people. We’re a genuinely approachable, exceptionally kind, and intensely passionate crew.
We seek to ignite that passion by setting high standards, championing teamwork, and creating work-life harmony as we collectively navigate rapid growth on a global scale while striving for greater equity and opportunity – inside and outside our organization.
To flourish here, you must be prepared to set a high bar for yourself and those around you. There is always a way to contribute: Acting with autonomy, having accountability and being open to new perspectives are essential to our continued success. Our deep curiosity to learn and our eagerness to share diverse passions with others gives us balance and injects a one-of-a-kind vibrancy into our culture.
If you are driven to solve exhilarating challenges and have a bias toward action in the face of change, you will be empowered to make a real impact here, with a sharp and passionate team at your back. If Braze sounds like a place where you can thrive, we can’t wait to meet you.
Braze is looking for a Corporate Counsel to join our dynamic and rapidly growing legal team at our beautiful London office. Reporting to the Associate Director - Legal, you will play a pivotal role in drafting and negotiating intricate commercial contracts, focusing on software-as-a-service (“SaaS”) master subscription agreements and data processing addenda.
You will have the opportunity to engage with diverse legal matters, including IP, dispute, marketing, partnerships, and more, however, the role is primarily focused on handling commercial transactions and interactions with sales, prospects and customers.
While based in London, UK, the scope of the role will require interacting with teams in all our offices globally. You will need to effectively collaborate with colleagues around the company to solve problems.
This is a great opportunity for a lawyer to join a leading technology company that is growing quickly and scaling wisely. We’re looking for an enthusiastic individual, team-player, quick thinker, ready to roll up his/her sleeves and get going! And finally, we are seeking someone who will care deeply about the employee experience and is able to enjoy and contribute to fostering a positive work culture.
What we are Looking for:
The successful candidate will:
- Have a law degree.
- Be qualified to work as a lawyer in the UK or EU or relevant experience to the same extent.
- At least 3 years of contract negotiation and/or commercial law experience required.
- Tech industry and/or in-house experience supporting sales teams required.
- Be comfortable with topics such as data privacy (including GDPR) and information security.
- Have or be willing to obtain a privacy certification, such as the CIPP/E.
- Be detail-oriented.
- Have excellent negotiation, drafting, analytical and communication skills.
- Have sound judgement to interpret complicated matters and work with key stakeholders towards resolution, and the ability to translate complex legal issues in lay terms.
- Be passionate about understanding the tech world.
- Be motivated and hard working.
WHAT WE OFFER
From comprehensive benefits to remote availability to flexible time off, we’ve got you covered so you can prioritize work-life harmony.
- Competitive compensation that may include equity
- Retirement and Employee Stock Purchase Plans
- Flexible paid time off
- Comprehensive benefit plans covering medical, dental, vision, life, and disability
- Family services that include fertility benefits and equal paid parental leave
- Professional development supported by formal career pathing, learning platforms, and tuition reimbursement
- Community engagement opportunities throughout the year, including an annual company wide Volunteerism Week
- Employee Resource Groups that provide supportive communities within Braze
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun culture recognized as a Great Place to Work®
Details of these benefit plans will be provided if a candidate receives an offer of employment. Benefits may vary by location.
Braze (Nasdaq: BRZE) is a leading comprehensive customer engagement platform that powers interactions between consumers and brands they love. With Braze, global brands can ingest and process customer data in real time, orchestrate and optimize contextually relevant, cross-channel marketing campaigns and continuously evolve their customer engagement strategies.
Braze is proudly certified as a Great Place to Work® in the U.S., the UK and Singapore. We ranked #1 on Great Place to Work UK’s 2023 Best Workplaces (Medium), #3 on Great Place to Work UK’s 2023 Best Workplaces for Wellbeing (Medium), #4 on Great Place to Work’s 2023 Best Workplaces in Europe (Medium), #5 on Fortune’s 2022 Best Workplaces for Millennials in the US, #10 on Great Place to Work UK’s 2023 Best Workplaces for Women (Large), #19 on Fortune’s 2023 Best Workplaces in New York (Large), and were named as a Top Achiever on Great Place to Work UK’s 2023 Best Workplaces in Tech.
You’ll find many of us at headquarters in New York City or around the world in Austin, Berlin, Chicago, Jakarta, London, Paris, San Francisco, Singapore, Sydney and Tokyo – not to mention our employees in nearly 50 remote locations.