Director, Learning & Development
At Braze, we have found our people. We’re a genuinely approachable, exceptionally kind, and intensely passionate crew.
We seek to ignite that passion by setting high standards, championing teamwork, and creating work-life harmony as we collectively navigate rapid growth on a global scale while striving for greater equity and opportunity – inside and outside our organization.
To flourish here, you must be prepared to set a high bar for yourself and those around you. There is always a way to contribute: Acting with autonomy, having accountability and being open to new perspectives are essential to our continued success. Our deep curiosity to learn and our eagerness to share diverse passions with others gives us balance and injects a one-of-a-kind vibrancy into our culture.
If you are driven to solve exhilarating challenges and have a bias toward action in the face of change, you will be empowered to make a real impact here, with a sharp and passionate team at your back. If Braze sounds like a place where you can thrive, we can’t wait to meet you.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Learning & Development is a division of the Programs & Strategy team within the People Team at Braze. Our team is passionate about creating valuable learning experiences for our employees and serves as the center of excellence for the professional development of individuals, teams, and organizations at Braze. Our approach is learner-centric and business-aligned, with a focus on continuous improvement and data-driven decisions. We adapt to the ever-evolving needs of a fast-growing tech environment and prioritize diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging, ensuring all employees have equal access to growth and develop in their careers at Braze.
Reporting to the VP of People Programs & Strategy, you will oversee a global L&D team consisting of Program Management, Learning Experience Design, and L&D Operations. This role will focus on building on our already strong foundations to drive innovative and effective learning programs and strategies that meet the business and our employees where they are in their development journey. Based out of the New York City office, this position will partner closely with the People Team and our business leaders to support our values of Embracing Curiosity and Shaping the Future to deliver meaningful and innovative learning experiences to our global team.
As Director, Learning & Development, you will:
- Lead a team of L&D professionals that actively develop, creatively design, implement, and measure successful learning programs.
- Evolve, drive, and implement a clear vision and strategy for Learning & Development rooted in high-quality, inclusive, and innovative thinking.
- Oversee the development of in-person, digital, and blended learning methodologies to knit together and create a coherent employee learning experience.
- Collaborate closely with business leaders across the organization to understand their needs, identify root causes, and develop effective and scalable learning solutions.
- Demonstrate the impact and value of learning initiatives through qualitative and quantitative results to ensure investment is effective and prioritized.
- Operate with a global perspective, ensuring programs and experiences are consistent and relevant to international teams..
- Provide leadership development expertise and consultation to help identify solutions for high-potential talent, focused on readiness, business fundamentals and professional growth.
- Manage the Learning & Development budget, ensuring all initiatives are delivered within plan and cost-effectively.
- Stay on top of training trends, developments, and best practices in your network and the market.
WHO YOU ARE
- 10+ years of dynamic Leadership/OD/OE experience within large organizations or equally sophisticated environments
- Able to establish a credible presence, capable of consistently and optimally influencing leaders of all levels.
- Deeply knowledgeable in leadership and organization development, change theories, learning models and standard processes, instructional design strategies, and learning assessment – with a natural curiosity for using innovative practices.
- Excellent relationship-building skills and the ability to connect with key stakeholders and the broader People team members
- Comfortable working at pace, with a track record of driving positive organizational change in a growth environment.
- Excellent written, presentation, and interpersonal communication skills
- Equally comfortable pivoting between strategic focuses and operational delivery.
- A creative problem-solver - approaching issues equipped with new ideas and fresh thinking
- Ability to understand nuances and context of the business and translate that into building successful tailor-made and informed initiatives
For candidates based in the United States, the pay range for this position at the start of employment is expected to be between $136,000 and $170,000/year with an expected On Target Earnings (OTE) between $160,000 and $200,000/year (including bonus or commission). Your exact offer may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. In addition to cash compensation, Braze offers full- and part-time employees a comprehensive Total Rewards package that includes equity grants of restricted stock (RSUs) so that all Braze employees own a piece of our company.
WHAT WE OFFER
From comprehensive benefits to remote availability to flexible time off, we’ve got you covered so you can prioritize work-life harmony.
- Competitive compensation that may include equity
- Retirement and Employee Stock Purchase Plans
- Flexible paid time off
- Comprehensive benefit plans covering medical, dental, vision, life, and disability
- Family services that include fertility benefits and equal paid parental leave
- Professional development supported by formal career pathing, learning platforms, and tuition reimbursement
- Community engagement opportunities throughout the year, including an annual company wide Volunteerism Week
- Employee Resource Groups that provide supportive communities within Braze
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun culture recognized as a Great Place to Work®
Details of these benefit plans will be provided if a candidate receives an offer of employment. Benefits may vary by location.
Braze (Nasdaq: BRZE) is a leading comprehensive customer engagement platform that powers interactions between consumers and brands they love. With Braze, global brands can ingest and process customer data in real time, orchestrate and optimize contextually relevant, cross-channel marketing campaigns and continuously evolve their customer engagement strategies.
Braze is proudly certified as a Great Place to Work® in the U.S., the UK and Singapore. We ranked #1 on Great Place to Work UK’s 2023 Best Workplaces (Medium), #3 on Great Place to Work UK’s 2023 Best Workplaces for Wellbeing (Medium), #4 on Great Place to Work’s 2023 Best Workplaces in Europe (Medium), #5 on Fortune’s 2022 Best Workplaces for Millennials in the US, #10 on Great Place to Work UK’s 2023 Best Workplaces for Women (Large), #19 on Fortune’s 2023 Best Workplaces in New York (Large), and were named as a Top Achiever on Great Place to Work UK’s 2023 Best Workplaces in Tech.
You’ll find many of us at headquarters in New York City or around the world in Austin, Berlin, Chicago, Jakarta, London, Paris, San Francisco, Singapore, Sydney and Tokyo – not to mention our employees in nearly 50 remote locations.