Manager, Business Development
At Braze, we have found our people. We’re a genuinely approachable, exceptionally kind, and intensely passionate crew.
We seek to ignite that passion by setting high standards, championing teamwork, and creating work-life harmony as we collectively navigate rapid growth on a global scale while striving for greater equity and opportunity – inside and outside our organization.
To flourish here, you must be prepared to set a high bar for yourself and those around you. There is always a way to contribute: Acting with autonomy, having accountability and being open to new perspectives are essential to our continued success. Our deep curiosity to learn and our eagerness to share diverse passions with others gives us balance and injects a one-of-a-kind vibrancy into our culture.
If you are driven to solve exhilarating challenges and have a bias toward action in the face of change, you will be empowered to make a real impact here, with a sharp and passionate team at your back. If Braze sounds like a place where you can thrive, we can’t wait to meet you.
What We’re Looking For
The Business Development team at Braze shapes future revenue success every day. It is the team at the forefront of identifying, understanding and helping potential customers build, enhance or transform their customer engagement offering.
Braze is looking for a proven business development leader to further drive outbound pipeline growth by managing and coaching our highly ambitious Enterprise BDR Team. The role requires strong hands-on experience in working day-to-day with the team in delivering:
- Hiring, performance management and succession planning
- Strategies and tactics for outbound pipeline growth
- Delivering of BDR onboarding training and continuous enablement
- Management/monitoring of activity quality, KPIs and quota
- Maintaining a team-oriented, performance minded culture
- Meeting monthly, quarterly and yearly pipeline generation quotas
This role will collaborate closely with sales, marketing and partnership leaders to deliver pipeline gains and ensure the Enterprise BDR team has quality market coverage and penetration.
The team is collaborative, communicative and we are always the first to take action. There’s a team of other BD leaders to collaborate with, and the role is an invitation to be proactive and take control of your own sales success. It is one of the most energetic, fast paced teams at Braze!
BDRs and their leaders gain huge value from working together at our amazing offices in London/Berlin.] BDR’s and Business Development Managers at Braze have a hybrid schedule, which means they are in office a minimum of 3 days a week. This allows our team to thrive in a learning environment together.
What You’ll Do
BDR is a high impact, highly visible team. Attention to detail, pace and energy are crucial. BDRs at Braze don’t just hunt to deliver meetings, they are also responsible for actively selling to prospects and qualifying opportunities against qualification criteria. Delivering a day-to-day structure and accountability, coaching cadences and value selling methodology is core to the role.
- Oversee, coach and QC daily activities and quota performance management of individual BDRs to ensure key performance metrics are met
- Hire and efficiently ramp new Enterprise BDRs with training, including product knowledge, buyer personas, competition, tools training, and plenty of role-plays
- Provide BDRs with a coaching cadence of time management, objection handling, prospecting tactics, and active listening skills
- Strategize with sales and marketing counterparts on pipeline and prospecting initiatives to meet company objectives
- Establish a library of prospecting resources for the BDR team
- Maintain a high-performance BDR team culture and morale
- Drive operational excellence and constant innovation
- Review and maintain metrics to ensure accurate management reporting, including deal forecast and commit, hiring pipeline and project updates
- Proactively and real-time performance manage BDRs
Ultimate success for a Business Development Manager is to enable their team to generate the volume and value of deals required to meet or exceed their quota, through ensuring that 100% of the Enterprise BDRs have hit individual quota. Business Development Managers are measured on results in 3 key areas: attainment against quota (including performance management of BDR quotas), operational excellence (reporting, forecasting, process, headcount planning) and personal brand (collaboration, innovation, thought leadership.)
There is advancement potential for consistently successful Managers, with personalized coaching to plan for the next rewarding role at Braze.
Who You Are
- Action orientated
- Precise and engaging communicator (written and verbal)
- Proactive problem solver
- Able to work cross functionally
- Data driven
- Player/coach mindset
- Strong organizer and prioritizer
- Relentlessly tenacious
- 5+ Years of B2B sales experience
- 2+ years of Enterprise sales leadership experience (Team Lead or Manager)
- Evidence based history of performing above quota in an outbound sales environment
- Strong collaboration and influencing skills demonstrated through accurate and engaging communication/presentation skills
- Salesforce power user and familiarity with prospecting platforms (e.g., Outreach, SalesNav, Gong, DemandBase)
- Desirable: German speaker
WHAT WE OFFER
From comprehensive benefits to remote availability to flexible time off, we’ve got you covered so you can prioritize work-life harmony.
- Competitive compensation that may include equity
- Retirement and Employee Stock Purchase Plans
- Flexible paid time off
- Comprehensive benefit plans covering medical, dental, vision, life, and disability
- Family services that include fertility benefits and equal paid parental leave
- Professional development supported by formal career pathing, learning platforms, and tuition reimbursement
- Community engagement opportunities throughout the year, including an annual company wide Volunteerism Week
- Employee Resource Groups that provide supportive communities within Braze
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun culture recognized as a Great Place to Work®
Details of these benefit plans will be provided if a candidate receives an offer of employment. Benefits may vary by location.
Braze (Nasdaq: BRZE) is a leading comprehensive customer engagement platform that powers interactions between consumers and brands they love. With Braze, global brands can ingest and process customer data in real time, orchestrate and optimize contextually relevant, cross-channel marketing campaigns and continuously evolve their customer engagement strategies.
Braze is proudly certified as a Great Place to Work® in the U.S., the UK and Singapore. We ranked #1 on Great Place to Work UK’s 2023 Best Workplaces (Medium), #3 on Great Place to Work UK’s 2023 Best Workplaces for Wellbeing (Medium), #4 on Great Place to Work’s 2023 Best Workplaces in Europe (Medium), #5 on Fortune’s 2022 Best Workplaces for Millennials in the US, #10 on Great Place to Work UK’s 2023 Best Workplaces for Women (Large), #19 on Fortune’s 2023 Best Workplaces in New York (Large), and were named as a Top Achiever on Great Place to Work UK’s 2023 Best Workplaces in Tech.
You’ll find many of us at headquarters in New York City or around the world in Austin, Berlin, Chicago, Jakarta, London, Paris, San Francisco, Singapore, Sydney and Tokyo – not to mention our employees in nearly 50 remote locations.