Senior People Systems Integrations Specialist
At Braze, we have found our people. We’re a genuinely approachable, exceptionally kind, and intensely passionate crew.
We seek to ignite that passion by setting high standards, championing teamwork, and creating work-life harmony as we collectively navigate rapid growth on a global scale while striving for greater equity and opportunity – inside and outside our organization.
To flourish here, you must be prepared to set a high bar for yourself and those around you. There is always a way to contribute: Acting with autonomy, having accountability and being open to new perspectives are essential to our continued success. Our deep curiosity to learn and our eagerness to share diverse passions with others gives us balance and injects a one-of-a-kind vibrancy into our culture.
If you are driven to solve exhilarating challenges and have a bias toward action in the face of change, you will be empowered to make a real impact here, with a sharp and passionate team at your back. If Braze sounds like a place where you can thrive, we can’t wait to meet you.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As a key member of the People Systems team reporting to the Team Lead, you will own the design, development, testing, and deployment of end-to-end system integrations and APIs for all People Systems, with a strong focus on Workday integrations. Success in this role will require cross-functional partnerships with a range of stakeholders and teams in a fast-paced environment. As a Senior People Systems Integrations Specialist you have the intellectual curiosity and technical ability to analyze our HR systems/processes and work with stakeholders to assess the current state, propose solutions, and implement changes.
- Work closely with key business users and stakeholders to gather integration requirements and provide context for implemented solutions.
- Design, build and maintain various large-scale HR System integrations, with Workday as the source of truth system.
- Work with stakeholders to create, document, and test various scenarios and outcomes and perform UAT where applicable.
- Knowledge of how to document integration processes, and the ability to put together comprehensive Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for stakeholders and internal use, ensuring clarity and consistency in integration procedures.
- Consistently identifying opportunities for process improvements by way of integrations and automations.
- Provide support and conduct regression testing to troubleshoot and resolve integration failures or errors promptly.
- Develop a deep understanding of business processes, workflows, and data requirements for Workday integrations, covering areas such as HCM, Benefits, Payroll, and Compensation.
- Plan, create, and execute test scripts in partnership with People Systems Analysts.
- Offer innovative and creative systems solutions to address complex business needs, demonstrating a proactive and out-of-the-box problem-solving mindset.
- Continuously monitor and analyze new Workday releases, making necessary adjustments to existing integrations and conducting regression testing.
- Create and maintain complex reports and calculated fields in Workday.
WHO YOU ARE
We are looking for a self-starter and detail-obsessed Senior Specialist with HR integration experience, primarily Workday integrations. The right person will be system and process minded, with an exceptional ability to think critically and drive efficiency.
- 4-6 years of Workday configuration experience with 3+ years of Workday integrations experience required
- Strong written and verbal English skills are essential
- Workday Integrations or Studio Certification is preferred.
- Familiarity with cloud technologies like Core Connectors and Document Transformation
- Must be an expert in report writing within Workday, including creating complex advanced reports, calculated fields, reporting security, etc.
- Proven track record of successfully leading and managing complex Workday integration projects from start to finish.
- Hands-on experience with the integration of HRIS and payroll systems, particularly Workday to ADP, which is desirable for this role.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, enabling effective collaboration with diverse individuals across global teams and different organizational levels.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively operate in a dynamic, cross-functional team environment with minimal supervision.
- Track record of taking initiative and committed to continuously improving processes.
- Demonstrate a high level of integrity, discretion and confidentiality in handling sensitive HR data.
- Strong prioritization and follow-through skills, and excel in both independent and team settings, even within a fast-paced and multifaceted environment.
WHAT WE OFFER
From comprehensive benefits to remote availability to flexible time off, we’ve got you covered so you can prioritize work-life harmony.
- Competitive compensation that may include equity
- Retirement and Employee Stock Purchase Plans
- Flexible paid time off
- Comprehensive benefit plans covering medical, dental, vision, life, and disability
- Family services that include fertility benefits and equal paid parental leave
- Professional development supported by formal career pathing, learning platforms, and tuition reimbursement
- Community engagement opportunities throughout the year, including an annual company wide Volunteerism Week
- Employee Resource Groups that provide supportive communities within Braze
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun culture recognized as a Great Place to Work®
Details of these benefit plans will be provided if a candidate receives an offer of employment. Benefits may vary by location.
Braze (Nasdaq: BRZE) is a leading comprehensive customer engagement platform that powers interactions between consumers and brands they love. With Braze, global brands can ingest and process customer data in real time, orchestrate and optimize contextually relevant, cross-channel marketing campaigns and continuously evolve their customer engagement strategies.
Braze is proudly certified as a Great Place to Work® in the U.S., the UK and Singapore. We ranked #1 on Great Place to Work UK’s 2023 Best Workplaces (Medium), #3 on Great Place to Work UK’s 2023 Best Workplaces for Wellbeing (Medium), #4 on Great Place to Work’s 2023 Best Workplaces in Europe (Medium), #5 on Fortune’s 2022 Best Workplaces for Millennials in the US, #10 on Great Place to Work UK’s 2023 Best Workplaces for Women (Large), #19 on Fortune’s 2023 Best Workplaces in New York (Large), and were named as a Top Achiever on Great Place to Work UK’s 2023 Best Workplaces in Tech.
You’ll find many of us at headquarters in New York City or around the world in Austin, Berlin, Chicago, Jakarta, London, Paris, San Francisco, Singapore, Sydney and Tokyo – not to mention our employees in nearly 50 remote locations.