SMS Operations Specialist
At Braze, we have found our people. We’re a genuinely approachable, exceptionally kind, and intensely passionate crew.
We seek to ignite that passion by setting high standards, championing teamwork, and creating work-life harmony as we collectively navigate rapid growth on a global scale while striving for greater equity and opportunity – inside and outside our organization.
To flourish here, you must be prepared to set a high bar for yourself and those around you. There is always a way to contribute: Acting with autonomy, having accountability and being open to new perspectives are essential to our continued success. Our deep curiosity to learn and our eagerness to share diverse passions with others gives us balance and injects a one-of-a-kind vibrancy into our culture.
If you are driven to solve exhilarating challenges and have a bias toward action in the face of change, you will be empowered to make a real impact here, with a sharp and passionate team at your back. If Braze sounds like a place where you can thrive, we can’t wait to meet you.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Global Services and Support (GSS) Operations strives to protect the investment in our Technical Support and Professional Services offerings by ensuring that our business partners have the insight, tools, and processes they need to run effectively and efficiently. Our organization is in an exciting transformative phase and you will have the potential for tremendous growth and leadership opportunities as Braze continues to expand. We are looking for someone who is highly motivated to make a difference, hands-on, and excited to grow with us.
SMS is a channel where there are different rules and regulations per country and there will be an opportunity for the specialist to streamline the tools and processes, per country, to underpin our SMS onboarding experience. You will be responsible for customer provisioning for SMS and Email for Braze customers, collaborate with a diverse cast across GTM teams, Product, Sales, RevOps, Growth, Alliances and our SMS partners. You’ll also be involved in other strategic initiatives critical to scaling our fast growing team. If you’re obsessed with problem solving, measuring success and surfacing opportunities through data, we want to meet you!
- Configure our customers’ SMS channel capability, including code procurement, globally
- Collaborate with our SMS aggregators to achieve timely delivery of codes and also manage code inventory to achieve setup target times.
- Recurrent meetings with SMS aggregators to get latest updates on deliverability and marketing changes.
- Be knowledgeable of market requirements for SMS and guide our customers and internal stakeholders through the setup process.
- Work with Braze’s resellers and onboarding partners acting as the main point of contact for SMS provisioning.
- Maintain and update documentation such as best practices, compliance and playbooks to support scalability.
- Maintain and update country specific documentation to show differences in SMS deliverability globally and to provide expertise on this information internally.
- Surface data, process and technology issues through identification, measurement and monitoring of our operations to the team.
- Highlight any room for improvement within our existing workflows and where automation can benefit the team.
- Possessing good communication skills and be comfortable having interaction with customers and internal stakeholders related to provisioning
WHO YOU ARE
- You’re capable of learning quickly and mastering complicated systems and manual processes
- Your attention to detail and accuracy is evident in all that you do; you possess a strong completer-finisher attitude
- You’re empathetic and customer-centric
- You’re process-oriented and enjoy the clarity of well documented processes and best practices that bring structure to chaos
- You’re capable of working independently but also energized from working within a team and cross-functionally to help achieve the company's goals
- You embrace automation and are committed to continuous improvement
- You want to help our Support and Services teams build the path to scale
- Great communication skills, able to work with, influence & align with multiple stakeholders
WHAT YOU HAVE
- Bachelor’s Degree (or similar experience-based proficiency level)
- 1-3 years experience in an operational role or customer support role with a technical product, ideally in a SaaS, mobile or marketing automation oriented company
- Familiarity working with SMS and email channels a plus
- Excellent communication skills, able to work with, influence and align with multiple stakeholders
- Strong written and verbal English skills are essential.
- A desire to be hands-on in your daily work and drive accuracy through personal performance
- A strong mindset of problem-solving with multiple operational tools
- An understanding of the importance of analytical reporting to demonstrate progression towards your goals
- Analytically driven with Excel expertise and SQL skills a plus
- Bonus Points:
- Knowledge of the Braze ecosystem.
- Experience with other tools like Looker, Slackbots, Salesforce, etc.
WHAT WE OFFER
From comprehensive benefits to remote availability to flexible time off, we’ve got you covered so you can prioritize work-life harmony.
- Competitive compensation that may include equity
- Retirement and Employee Stock Purchase Plans
- Flexible paid time off
- Comprehensive benefit plans covering medical, dental, vision, life, and disability
- Family services that include fertility benefits and equal paid parental leave
- Professional development supported by formal career pathing, learning platforms, and tuition reimbursement
- Community engagement opportunities throughout the year, including an annual company wide Volunteerism Week
- Employee Resource Groups that provide supportive communities within Braze
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun culture recognized as a Great Place to Work®
Details of these benefit plans will be provided if a candidate receives an offer of employment. Benefits may vary by location.
Braze (Nasdaq: BRZE) is a leading comprehensive customer engagement platform that powers interactions between consumers and brands they love. With Braze, global brands can ingest and process customer data in real time, orchestrate and optimize contextually relevant, cross-channel marketing campaigns and continuously evolve their customer engagement strategies.
Braze is proudly certified as a Great Place to Work® in the U.S., the UK and Singapore. We ranked #1 on Great Place to Work UK’s 2023 Best Workplaces (Medium), #3 on Great Place to Work UK’s 2023 Best Workplaces for Wellbeing (Medium), #4 on Great Place to Work’s 2023 Best Workplaces in Europe (Medium), #5 on Fortune’s 2022 Best Workplaces for Millennials in the US, #10 on Great Place to Work UK’s 2023 Best Workplaces for Women (Large), #19 on Fortune’s 2023 Best Workplaces in New York (Large), and were named as a Top Achiever on Great Place to Work UK’s 2023 Best Workplaces in Tech.
You’ll find many of us at headquarters in New York City or around the world in Austin, Berlin, Chicago, Jakarta, London, Paris, San Francisco, Singapore, Sydney and Tokyo – not to mention our employees in nearly 50 remote locations.