At Braze, we have found our people. We’re a genuinely approachable, exceptionally kind, and intensely passionate crew.
We seek to ignite that passion by setting high standards, championing teamwork, and creating work-life harmony as we collectively navigate rapid growth on a global scale while striving for greater equity and opportunity – inside and outside our organization.
To flourish here, you must be prepared to set a high bar for yourself and those around you. There is always a way to contribute: Acting with autonomy, having accountability and being open to new perspectives are essential to our continued success. Our deep curiosity to learn and our eagerness to share diverse passions with others gives us balance and injects a one-of-a-kind vibrancy into our culture.
If you are driven to solve exhilarating challenges and have a bias toward action in the face of change, you will be empowered to make a real impact here, with a sharp and passionate team at your back. If Braze sounds like a place where you can thrive, we can’t wait to meet you.
Braze is looking for an exceptional Counsel based in Singapore to join our dynamic and rapidly growing legal team. You will report to the Associate Director, Legal, APAC, based in Singapore, and will work on a variety of legal matters for the APAC region, including drafting and negotiating software-as-a-service (“SaaS”) agreements; advising on data protection and privacy issues; assisting on reseller and partnership agreements; as well as handling corporate compliance; employment; marketing and other matters as they arise.
The scope of the role will require direct interaction with our prospects and customers in the APAC region, as well as collaboration with internal stakeholders across departments (including Sales, Finance and Human Resources) in all our offices globally. Hence, this requires you to be comfortable advocating for APAC interests, whilst balancing this with the considerations and overall framework of a global organisation.
Apart from being a leading technology company that is growing quickly and scaling wisely, at Braze, we care deeply about the employee experience and expect all employees to contribute to a positive work culture. Hence we’re looking for a self-motivated and enthusiastic team-player who thrives in a fast-paced environment, ready to roll up his/her sleeves and get going!
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
The successful candidate will:
- Have a law degree with at least 3 years of relevant work experience, ideally in tech.
- Have experience in contract negotiation and/or commercial law, ideally in the tech industry and/or in-house supporting sales teams.
- Be detail-oriented.
- Have excellent negotiation, drafting, analytical and communication skills.
- Have sound judgment to interpret complicated matters and work with key stakeholders towards resolution.
- Have experience, certification or an interest in privacy.
- Be tech savvy and can work with and adapt to multiple software tools.
- Proficiency in Korean/Japanese/Bahasa Indonesia a plus.
- Have a fantastic sense of humour.
Other experience that will be looked on favourably:
- Experience in corporate compliance and/or employment issues in Singapore; Australia; Japan; South Korea; and/or Indonesia
WHAT WE OFFER
From comprehensive benefits to remote availability to flexible time off, we’ve got you covered so you can prioritize work-life harmony.
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Retirement and Employee Stock Purchase Plans
- Flexible paid time off
- Comprehensive benefit plans covering medical, dental, vision, life, and disability
- Family services that include fertility benefits and equal paid parental leave
- Global presence, dog-friendly offices, and remote availability
- Professional development supported by formal career pathing, learning platforms, and tuition reimbursement
- Community engagement opportunities throughout the year, including an annual company wide Volunteerism Week
- Employee Resource Groups that provide supportive communities within Braze
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun culture recognized as a Great Place to Work®
Details of these benefit plans will be provided if a candidate receives an offer of employment. Benefits may vary by location.
Braze (Nasdaq: BRZE) is a leading comprehensive customer engagement platform that powers interactions between consumers and brands they love. With Braze, global brands can ingest and process customer data in real time, orchestrate and optimize contextually relevant, cross-channel marketing campaigns and continuously evolve their customer engagement strategies.
Braze is proudly certified as a Great Place to Work® in the U.S., the UK and Singapore. We ranked #1 on Great Place to Work UK’s 2023 Best Workplaces (Medium), #3 on Great Place to Work UK’s 2023 Best Workplaces for Wellbeing (Medium), #4 on Great Place to Work’s 2023 Best Workplaces in Europe (Medium), #5 on Fortune’s 2022 Best Workplaces for Millennials in the US, #10 on Great Place to Work UK’s 2023 Best Workplaces for Women (Large), #19 on Fortune’s 2023 Best Workplaces in New York (Large), and were named as a Top Achiever on Great Place to Work UK’s 2023 Best Workplaces in Tech.
You’ll find many of us at headquarters in New York City or around the world in Austin, Berlin, Chicago, Jakarta, London, Paris, San Francisco, Singapore, Sydney and Tokyo – not to mention our employees in nearly 50 remote locations.